The usual reason… we don’t have enough people! We’re looking for someone to lead one of our most important teams, whose mission is to generate work for designers by presenting clients with inspiring ways to solve their design needs. Everything from expanding into new areas of design and creative services to showcasing the amazing work of our talented design community.
As a Product Manager you’ll…
- define the product vision and roadmap in collaboration with key stakeholders
- talk to customers & designers (plus our Support & Community teams), and find new ways to better meet their needs
- drive a clear vision for new projects, build consensus within the team and bring the right people together to execute
- partner with UX and engineering to break big ideas into small, achievable parts with clear goals and measures for success
- Collaborate with an embedded marketer to amplify on- and offsite acquisition efforts, leveraging SEO and a strong content strategy
- manage the backlog, reprioritizing urgent problems or opportunities and maintaining focus in the face of distraction
- communicate like crazy: project kick offs, running retros or sharing post-release metrics, you’ll keep a global team in the loop
- be in two places at once, planning what’s coming next and available to answer questions on what’s happening now
- Always be looking at what’s worked, what hasn’t, what should be iterated on and how it can work better
You’ll fit like a glove if…
- On the one hand, you can rally a team behind a big picture vision. On the other, you have attention to detail that borders on obsessive.
- You are the master of tradeoffs. You balance design, technology and business like nobody’s business.
- You’re opinionated. You can name a product that makes you smile and three that make you want to curl up in a corner and cry.
- Your strong opinions are loosely held. You may be right often but don’t have to be.
- Your communication skills are legendary. You can read through “I want” to “I need”, say “no” a lot but do it in such a way that people can respect, and talk to outgoing support reps and introverted data nerds with equal success.
- You’re not necessarily a marketer but you appreciate what they do and get excited about leveraging the tools and practices a marketing perspective can bring to the table
- You’ve been doing this Product Management thing for 3-5 years in a digital agile environment
…and about us
99designs is the world’s global creative platform that makes it easier for customers and designers to work together to create designs they love. Our mission is to champion creativity to create opportunities for people around the world. Founded in 2008 and backed by Accel Partners (who have also invested in Facebook, Slack, and Dropbox) and Recruit Strategic Partners, 99designs has grown from a small, online forum into a worldwide community of talented designers that is now the go-to solution for businesses, agencies and individuals. Our product is translated into 7 languages and we’ve paid designers in 192 countries.
Working with us
We’re a global team with a philosophy of encouraging passionate people to be fun and creative. With offices in Richmond, Oakland, and Berlin we benefit from bringing together the experiences and viewpoints of a wide range of talented folk from around the world.
We love our employees and go to great lengths to make sure they know it! We offer a variety of employee perks including a creative working environment, a well-stocked kitchen for breakfast, lunch and snacks, continual training and learning, in-house mentoring, health and wellness programs like yoga, a running club and quiet spaces, office dogs, an industrial-strength coffee machine, an active social club, and top-of-the-line Mac gear.
Our Melbourne office is an architecturally designed warehouse space in Richmond, complete with art sourced from our incredible creative community, including the mural for our boardroom.
Think 99designs could be your next home? We’d love to hear from you.