Boingo helps the world stay connected. Our vast footprint of Wi-Fi and cellular networks covers more than a million locations and reaches over a billion consumers annually – in places as varied as airports, stadiums, universities, and military bases.
The Broadband Product Manager will be responsible for the full product lifecycle of consumer products serving our Broadband (Military) business line – delivering wireless internet service and TV to U.S. military personnel at barracks worldwide. This includes providing Online Self-Service, Sign Up, IPTV, Gaming Services, as well as ensuring an excellent online/network experience and frictionless customer experience.
- Define, manage and communicate the product vision and roadmap aligned with company objectives, and supported by market research, customer data and competitive analysis.
- Document and prioritize product specifications including goals, use cases and requirements. Distill business and product requirements into actionable items for the engineers. Develop User Stories based on the requirements.
- Partner with UX designer to create wireframes and prototypes, and integrate feedback from usability testing.
- Lead and motivate a cross-functional team of designers and engineers through the product lifecycle, using iterative development methodologies.
- Develop strong partnerships with cross-functional teams including Marketing leads, UX, Creative Design, Scrum Masters, Engineering, QA and Operations.
- Lead, coordinate and communicate launch plans and post-launch activities with key stakeholders, and assist with day-to-day operational support. Gather customer feedback to validate that the product meets stated metrics.
- Measure customer satisfaction and track engagement metrics and deliver optimizations based on results.
Professional Requirements & Personal Attributes
- A passion for delivering excellent customer experiences and sense of empathy/advocacy for the customers they serve.
- Self-starter with the proven ability to work independently and manage multiple tasks across multiple projects and staff. You thrive on change and know how to get things done.
- 3+ years’ experience as a product manager working on innovative, successful consumer internet desktop and mobile services, preferably in e-commerce.
- Working knowledge of user interface design including requirements gathering, UX design, wire-framing, and user testing processes. Fluent in best practices for web-based and mobile design
- Experience working with Agile teams using SCRUM, XP, or other agility model; Certified Scrum Product Owner desirable but not required.
- Worked with engineering to drive delivery and adapt to technical constraints without comprising user needs. Worked with Marketing to successfully launch programs.
- KPI driven. Identifies intended results and measures outcomes.
- Strong project management, problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills with stakeholders, and interpersonal skills with your partners in design, product, marketing and engineering.
- Highly collaborative. Builds trust & strong relationships at all levels; confident and influences without formal authority, pushes back when appropriate. Earns respect and respects contributions of others.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
Boingo Wireless, Inc. (NASDAQ: WIFI) helps the world stay connected. Our vast footprint of Wi-Fi and cellular networks reaches more than a billion consumers annually. From airports and stadiums to universities and military bases, Boingo helps folks stay connected to the people and things they love.
Our team is creative, collaborative, and on the cutting edge of technology. (You can check out some of the awards we’ve won here. #humblebrag). But there’s no doubt the “secret sauce” to Boingo’s success is our incredible team and culture. We take pride in having fun and staying healthy – think summer picnics, bowling nights, in-house yoga classes, costume contests, massages and food trucks. There’s also a kitchen stocked with yummy snacks and drinks, and an incredible benefits package including equity, health, dental, vision, 401(k) match, unlimited vacation, 12 weeks paid parental leave, and more! Plus our award-winning headquarters in Westwood boasts 360-degree views of LA, from Catalina to the Hollywood Sign. It’s no wonder we’ve been named among the Best Places to Work in LA four years in a row!
Boingo is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.