Sofar Sounds reimagines live events through curated, secret performances in intimate settings in more than 400 cities around the world. Visit our website for more details: www.sofarsounds.com.
This is an exciting new senior position to lead our digital product roadmap in the next phase of our growth. This is a rare opportunity to carve out a critical role in the world’s most exciting live music startup.
We are looking for a talented Head of Product who shares our passion for new music, works well in a startup environment, and wants to be part of a worldwide community that is already making music history.
The role will be responsible for owning and delivering our key product streams:
- Customer-facing: the fan experience products, which include our Sofar Sounds website and the native mobile app. This stream is focussed on commercial goals, user engagement and brand perception.
- Internal operations: the event management platform and internal tools that support the global event teams. This stream supports our large community of volunteers and full-time staff who run dozens of shows every day around the world.
POSITION TITLE: HEAD OF PRODUCT
REPORTING TO: VP of GROWTH
LOCATION: LONDON (to sit alongside our digital team)
- Own our digital product roadmaps across Digital Consumer Experience and Operational Capability.
- Shape how we realise the Sofar brand mission through our digital product experience — e.g. artist discovery, a global connected community, etc.
- Manage our growing Product Owner and UX team setting their objectives and personal development plans. We currently have five FTEs in total: two Product Owners, two UX Designers and one UX Researcher.
- Establish a fast-paced, data-driven and customer centric product development culture
- Regularly communicate progress, chairing our product updates with senior business stakeholders
- Extensive experience as a product innovator, ideally in e-commerce, music, or similar industries
- Can demonstrate industry leading skills in project governance, technical delivery, reporting and stakeholder management
- Data driven, with experience leveraging both quantitative & qualitative inputs
- UK Citizen, or permit to work in the UK
- Experience managing a team
- Experience building habit-forming and engaging digital products
- A technical background that allows you, where needed, to contribute to discussions on technology choices
- Expertise in conversion rate optimisation strategies and approaches
- A strong interest in music, and an understanding of the existing live and recorded music industry
- You’ve attended a Sofar show
People who join Sofar Sounds have an excitement and energy about what we’re doing. They want to be a driving force of growth for emerging artists, committed to creating a magical experience for performers and fans alike, and this is reflected in the way they work.
We are growing swiftly, helping more musicians in more cities. As a result, we expect our people to get things done efficiently and to help other team members, whether a specific task is their role or not. Also to learn from, and make changes as a result of, feedback from one another and our community.
The right candidate should be efficient and upbeat, and needs to live the Sofar experience while sharing our vision for discovering great new music and creating the best live event experience in the world.