We are a digital micro-lender helping underbanked, overlooked, consumers onto and up the credit ladder. Powered by the growing prevalence of the smartphone, we’re working to make consumer credit more inclusive and affordable for those who need it most.
Backed by leading European and US fintech investors, we are accelerating financial inclusion through data; cutting costs for our customers and improving the quality of financial services. In the UK alone, we provide fair access to credit to 12m migrants and working poor; we have originated around half a million loans to 155,000 unique customers and provided funds of over £323 million to financially excluded communities.
Our app and our smart-phone based scoring model interpret and use alternative data in underwriting, risk management and customer engagement. By operating outside the traditional financial services system, we serve the underbanked whilst giving people access to the financial system.
We believe that technology should enhance customer service, offering a commitment to quality service, convenient access, and financial empowerment.
We are based in Central London and have talented teams working from across the globe: China, Mexico and Europe. As we embark on our next phase of growth in the UK and expand to Sub-Saharan Africa, we are looking for a talented Senior UX Designer / Product Designer to help us:
- Create the best possible mobile experience for loan applicants and existing borrowers
- Build mobile products that will help people manage their finances in a fun and painless way, whilst helping improve their credit
- Expand our online lending business to multiple additional countries
- Work with UX Researchers and Product Managers to understand our current challenges and figure out what to build
- Develop and iterate on UX flows, rough mock-ups, finalized designs for customer-facing features
Who you are:
- Experienced in mobile UX design: not just creating final UI designs, but also generating product/feature ideas, generating different UX concepts, and working with UX Researchers and others to get this
- Great at working with engineers to find ways to get v1 to users quickly, without sacrificing the wrong elements of experience
- Excited about making a huge impact on what we build, not just how the UI works
- Collaborative and a people person; you are able to work with people with different skills and backgrounds to get the best outcome
- Have an excellent eye for detail and may notice things that others might not
- An excellent problem-solver able to find the right solutions to a problem
- 26 days annual leave exc. bank holidays
- Private Medical cover
- Upto 6% employer pension contributions
- Gym membership
- Flexible working
- Regular staff events