We are a digital micro-lender helping underbanked, overlooked, consumers onto and up the credit ladder. Powered by the growing prevalence of the smartphone, we’re working to make consumer credit more inclusive and affordable for those who need it most.
Backed by leading European and US fintech investors, we are accelerating financial inclusion through data; cutting costs for our customers and improving the quality of financial services. In the UK alone we provide fair access to credit to 12m migrants and working poor; we have originated around half a million loans to 155,000 unique customers and provided funds of over £323 million to financially excluded communities.
Our app and our smart-phone based scoring model interpret and use alternative data in underwriting, risk management and customer engagement. By operating outside the traditional financial services system we serve the underbanked whilst giving people access to the financial system.
We believe that technology should enhance customer service, offering a commitment to quality service, convenient access, and financial empowerment.
We are based in Central London and have talented teams working from across the globe: China, Mexico and Europe. As we embark on our next phase of growth in the UK and expand to Sub-Saharan Africa, we are looking for a talented UX Researcher to help us:
- Understand whether customers need/want the products/features we think they do
- Discover what features or interaction ideas would make our products easy and delightful to use
- Generate new ideas for products or functionality
- Work with UX Designers and Product Managers to understand our current challenges
- Define, organise and conduct research with existing customers and potential customers, for products at various stages of development (from paper prototypes to things that are almost ready to launch)
- Help us build products that will help people manage their finances in a fun and painless way, whilst helping improve their credit
Who you are:
- Experienced in defining and conducting different types of user research (including at least interviews, surveys, usability testing, card sorting)
- Comfortable analysing the information/data you have gathered (using Excel or other tools) and using it to develop recommendations for your UX/Product colleagues
- Curious about people and their behaviour, even those who are very different from you
- Proactive and impatient to find answers that can lead to action
- Excited about making a huge impact on what we build, not just how the UI works
- An excellent communicator able to interact with different types of people and explain your methods, research findings and recommendations
- 26 days annual leave exc. bank holidays
- Private Medical cover
- Upto 6% employer pension contributions
- Gym membership
- Flexible working
- Regular staff events