The Citizens Advice Customer Journey team is leading the transformation of Citizens Advice content and services. We work in multidisciplinary, agile teams to design and deliver products that meet the needs of members of the public and our advisors, including our digital advice, which has over 20 million users a year.
The customer journey team includes product managers, delivery managers, content designers, user researchers, user experience designers, visual designers, service designers, data scientists and strategists. We work closely with colleagues in technology and data.
This role will establish and lead a product function in the Customer Journey team, bringing together existing expertise from the customer journey team and developing a product delivery culture. The role includes line management responsibility for 22 people, including 5 direct reports, and matrix management responsibility for multiple agile delivery teams.
The postholder will define the product vision for Citizens Advice, working collaboratively with the team and other senior leaders. Initial product priorities are:
- Digital advice for the public
- Specialist advice for our internal adviser network and paying subscribers
- New content management system
Products will be:
- Cross-channel (could include digital, assisted digital, face to face, telephone, chat, email)
- Delivered in a multidisciplinary, agile way
- Rooted in user-centred design methodologies
- Underpinned by data and robust evaluation
This role is a senior leadership role within the Customer Journey team, working alongside the Head of Citizens Advice Lab and the Head of Delivery. The postholder will collaboratively lead on the remit, direction, ways of working and stakeholder relationships for the team. The team will take an inventive, responsible and generous approach to its work, building on the expertise and ideas of colleagues across the network. The team will work openly and in collaboration with colleagues from other disciplines.
- Have experience of heading teams to research, prototype, launch and scale products / services, including leading multiple projects at the same time
- Have experience of leading product management for high-volume services, complex user journeys and multiple user groups
- Have experience of leading multidisciplinary, agile teams, including technologists and including budget management
- Be strong influencer, with the ability to persuade and negotiate with stakeholders of all levels