At Capital One, we’re building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Product Manager – Small Business, Money Movement
At Capital One, we think big and do big things. When we started just 25 years ago, we pioneered the use of predictive modeling to individually personalize credit card offers, turning the entire industry on its head. As we’ve grown bigger, we’ve found more and more ways to use technology and face-to-face conversations to understand the human problems associated with money and finances.
Are you passionate about helping Small Businesses succeed? If so, help us build a new Money Movement team from the ground up. We’ll begin our journey by identifying how our customers want to effortlessly manage their cash flow (e.g. deposits via mobile check deposit, withdrawals via P2P). A highly-collaborative, cross-functional team of Design, Tech, Product, and Analysts will quickly iterate their way to learning what works (and more importantly, what doesn’t). But keep the fraudsters in mind…you’ll have a hand in determining how we leverage data (e.g. machine learning) to develop policies and processes that ensure our customers money is protected.
On any given day in the Bank you’ll be:
- Empowered. You’ll play a major role in identifying our customer’s pain points and translating that into the team’s vision. You’ll lead a cross-functional team (designers, engineers, and analysts) in determining the best approach to help get us there.
- Learning constantly. This is a complicated space at the intersection of new technology, shifting regulations, and evolving customer expectations. You’ll need to ensure we are always heading in the right direction.
- Sharing openly. Our culture is one of transparency. Collaboration across multiple teams is a key to success. You’ll need to influence their roadmap while learning from their past experiences.
- Innovating relentlessly. Push big change by starting small, testing ideas, and learning your way to results. You’ll need to be comfortable conducting both large (quantitative in-app test/control reads) and small (qualitative user research session) tests.
- Succeeding strategically. Solve the right problem, and have the confidence to stop work on the wrong one. Grow big by starting small and constantly refining the path towards success.
- Connecting creatively. This is a hard problem to solve, so you’ll need to find the best ideas from across the organization. How do you have an open and honest discussion on the path forward, disagree agreeably, and then move forward together.
Here is what you will bring to the table:
- Curious. You ask why, you explore, and you’re not afraid to blurt out your crazy idea. Solving complex problems is addictive and you love taking on new ones.
- Do-er. You have a bias toward action, you try things, and sometimes you fail. You don’t let perfect get in the way of good. You do what needs to get done – “it’s not my job” is not in your vocabulary.
- Communicator. You can communicate complex ideas clearly, your team knows their priorities and why they’re doing what they’re doing. Maybe you’re an introvert, or maybe you’re an extrovert, but nobody accuses you of keeping them out of the loop.
- Collaborator. You know the right people to work with for each project. You can quickly get alignment with the key stakeholders while pushing forward without delays.
- Analytical. You aren’t scared of numbers; instead, you believe they help illuminate the truth. You build models over the weekend because they are fun.
- Wrangler. You’ve gotten front-end engineers to play nice with iOS developers, you can inspire an ETL developer to write creatively about her latest pipeline.
- Fearless. Big, undefined problems don’t frighten you. You’re able to dive right in and put structure to them. You can work at a tiny crack until you’ve broken open the whole nut. You are comfortable in saying no.
- Technical. While maybe not a hard-core coder, the developers will think of you as an “honorary member of the guild” because you can talk their language.
Here is what we will bring to the table:
- Competitive salary (including a robust 401(k) plan)
- Excellent medical and dental insurance (and other health benefits)
- Superstar product, design, data and engineering leaders [previous roles at Paypal, Google, Gilt, AOL, Adaptive Path]
- Top class engineering teams that you will lead and build product with
- Continuous learning budget
- Highly supportive and “bought in” leadership environment
- Bachelor’s Degree or military experience
- At least 3 years of experience in digital product management
- BS in Computer Science or Engineering
- MBA or Master’s degree
- 3+ years of experience translating business strategy and analysis into consumer facing digital products
- 2+ years of experience in Agile product management
- 1+ year experience building products for Small Businesses
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position
No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City’s Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia’s Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.