VividCortex is a groundbreaking database monitoring platform that gives developers and DBAs deep visibility into the database. Our solution is delivered as software-as-a-service and helps our customers see and analyze the work their databases are doing in unprecedented detail. It addresses critical issues in measuring and managing today’s large, distributed, diverse storage tiers composed of multiple different clustered products, all working together. VividCortex is headquartered in Charlottesville, Virginia with a soon-to-come office in the Arlington, VA area and remote team members in the US and abroad.
We have a fast-growing customer base of well-known companies, and a tremendous reputation in our market for delivering a high-quality, innovative solution for database performance problems that are common in thousands of enterprises. Is it time for you to take a leap into an exciting start-up?
Why this job is important:
Product Management is our voice of the user, finding the best opportunities and keeping us true to what our customers need most. Product Managers are the glue that binds together Engineering, Sales, Marketing and Support, leading us to align us behind successful product strategies and deliver the highest value to our customers. This key position has a direct impact on our product direction and business strategy.
The position offers excellent benefits, a competitive base salary and a path to promotion. Diversity is important to us, and we welcome and encourage applicants from all walks of life and all backgrounds.
What you’ll get to do here:
- Work with other team members to synthesize and shape the product vision.
- Drive the development of our product strategy, including identification and development of market opportunities, feature requirements and backlog management, product roadmaps and release plans, ensuring that customers are getting value and our engineering team activities are prioritized and productive.
- Join executive management to define, refine and execute our business strategy.
- Serve as a passionate champion for our customers and solutions that will address their needs.
- Engage with customers to help VividCortex understand the world from where they sit and be certain the value we create is being well delivered and received.
- Develop our product and market opportunities and requirements, including the competition and differentiation, and serve as an authority on our user personas and value props.
- See quick results from working with our engineers in a fast-paced agile-devops development process.
- Manage product releases and final steps in shipping product to market, collaborating with marketing and sales on go-to-market collateral, customer-focused sales strategy, and training materials.
- Help the Sales and Customer Success teams with specific deals and accounts as needed.
- Define and track product success metrics.
- You are collaborative and experienced with several years in SaaS product management.
- Skilled in asking questions, listening, learning and synthesizing knowledge to create value.
- Strong quantitative, analytical, and problem-solving abilities to distill insights from raw data.
- Excellent organization and project management skills.
- You have experience working remotely with a distributed team.
- Staying on top of developments and trends in a rapidly changing industry.
- A Bachelor’s degree in business, computer science, or a quantitative discipline is preferred.
You’ll benefit from experience with:
- Fast-growing technology startup environments.
- Direct responsibility for a SaaS product’s success.
- Identifying target market and analyzing opportunity size, and economic modeling.
- As many as possible of the following: open source, databases, monitoring products, B2B infrastructure software.
- Collaborating with senior executives.