At Space Ape, we are focused on building world-class player experiences. Our games are fun, fresh and brimming with personality, so we want to share them with everyone. This means our players are always at the core of our design process.
We are looking for a talented UI/UX Designer, who will be a key player in determining how these experiences look, feel and perform, working always as an advocate for our players. The ideal candidate should have an eye for clean and artful design, possess superior visual design skills, be able to translate high-level requirements into best-in-class interaction flows, and transform those flows into beautiful, intuitive, and functional user interfaces.
Why Space Ape is right for you
At Space Ape we pride ourselves on our passion and the trust we place in our people. We look for driven, productive, team players who are relentless in their pursuit of our mission. There’s no bureaucracy here, we just get things done. The next big game can come from any one of us and YOU can be a key part of our journey.
- Be a part of one of several small empowered teams who inspire and challenge one another in the pursuit of our mission;
- Autonomy to make your own impact with the support to help it happen;
- Designated ‘Ape Space’ creative time where you are free to work on game concepts and ideas away from your day to day;
- The freedom to further your skill set the way YOU want with a generous training budget;
- Competitive compensation and benefits;
- An award winning studio that in 2017 was crowned one of the best companies to work for in the UK by Gamesindustry;
- Help run and create games which bring joy to millions of players all over the world.
- Produce creative, player-focused and easy to use wireframes, user flows and supporting documentation for our games;
- Create stunning User Interface art assets that are flexible and efficient to high quality and in a variety of styles;
- Work hands-on with developers and other artists to implement user interfaces into software;
- Act as the player advocate during the development process, subjecting early-stage designs to usability testing and/or expert review to iteratively improve solutions.
- 3+ years of experience creating user interfaces and/or artwork for the web, mobile applications or video games;
- An outstanding body of work demonstrating UI solutions;
- Excellent visual design skills with regard to colour theory, layout and typography with a sensitivity to user-system interaction;
- Solid experience in creating wireframes, storyboards, user flows, process flows and site maps;
- Proficiency in Sketch, Photoshop, Illustrator, Balsamiq, or other visual design and wireframing tools;
- Proven ability to work with designers, producers and engineers to develop the designs through an iterative process;
- Ability to present your designs and sell your solutions to various stakeholders with appropriate levels of detail in a timely manner;
- Ability to solve problems creatively and effectively;
- Up-to-date with the latest UI trends, techniques, technologies and design psychology;
- Comfortable with a broad range of visual styles;
- Passion for games & mobile gaming;
- A “raise the bar” attitude.
- Experience using the Unity3D Game Engine;
- Experience working in an agile (e.g. SCRUM/Kanban) environment using agile ceremonies (e.g. stand-ups sprint planning, retrospectives) and working with agile artefacts (e.g. user stories, task boards);
- An ability to work with minimal supervision and review, and exercise independent judgement;
- Experience in conducting user research and evaluating user feedback;
- Experience designing for iOS, Android, or other mobile platforms;
- Experience in other design related fields such as 3D modeling, After Effects, Animation, or Motion graphics design production.
About Space Ape
Space Ape’s mission is to make the highest quality and most successful mobile games in the world. Founded in 2012 we’ve since launched four games: Samurai Siege, Rival Kingdoms, Transformers: Earth Wars and Fastlane: Road to Revenge. To date our games have been installed by over 60 million people across over 150 countries.
Our studio is currently 110 strong and built around the belief that small empowered teams make the best games. This philosophy enables us to innovate, move faster and have the creative ownership required to chase the next genre defining hit.
In 2017 Space Ape entered into a long-term strategic partnership with Supercell. We are still independent and masters of our own destiny, but now we’ve got Supercell’s support and belief behind us in order to make and distribute massive hit games.
To find out more about our Art team follow this link Art blog
All communication regarding your application will be dealt with in line with our recruitment