Product Manager, LoyaltyLion – ecommerce, saas – London, start-up
We’re expanding rapidly and we would love for you to join us as our first Product hire, owning all aspects of Product Management across our market-leading suite of products disrupting the e-commerce customer engagement space.
LoyaltyLion is a data-driven loyalty and engagement platform trusted by thousands of ecommerce brands worldwide. Merchants use LoyaltyLion when they want a fully customised loyalty program that is proven to increase customer engagement, retention and spend. Stores using LoyaltyLion typically generate at least $15 for every $1 they spend on the platform.
Today LoyaltyLion works with over 4,000 fast-growth ecommerce retailers. Our mission is to help them succeed in the age of Amazon, where they may not be able to compete on price and logistics but can offer a better customer experience. One that makes customers feel valued, rather than like they are just another number.
As Product Manager, you’ll develop a deep understanding of our product and our market and couple that with vision from our CEO to develop a product roadmap that delivers a compelling service-offering and market-leading product.
Working cross-functionally with Success, Sales, Marketing, and Partnerships, you’ll maintain product agility to deliver quick wins where needed, and stay focused on long-term benefits when not. You’ll lead the Development and Design teams to understand what’s easy, what’s difficult, and ensure the product roadmap delivers high value and high return on effort.
Some of the things you’ll be doing:
- Driving innovation and new product features to address user requests and product goals.
- Understanding LoyaltyLion’s vision and defining actionable items for the team to work towards to achieve short- and long-term plans.
- Always on the lookout for ways to better the product, seeking improvement and embracing critique.
- Communicating plans and objectives clearly to cross-functional teams to ensure quality collaboration on actionable items.
- Constantly collecting information and data from inside and outside sources to inform product direction.
- Monitoring and measuring the development and launch of new features, gathering user data and feedback for further innovation.
- Managing the product go-to-market plan, from planning to execution, involving all aspects of the product and marketing model.
As your understanding of our market and customers increases, you will adopt more of the strategic activities above. To begin with you will focus on executional activities.
The person we are looking for:
This role will suit someone both naturally inquisitive and creative, whilst also being analytical. You will have proven your ability to think like an end user; come up with innovative solutions; manage competing stakeholders, and qualitatively and quantitatively demonstrate the impact of what is delivered.
Excitement for solving interesting problems in ways that delight our customers and end users is a must.
The right person will be comfortable in an “all hands on-deck” environment, with excellent communication and problem-solving skills, who can thrive in a dynamic, passionate startup culture.
More about your background:
- Experience as a Product Manager in the e-commerce or SaaS industry.
- Experience delivering an innovative product.
- Experience using data to inform decision-making and to measure impact.
- Experience managing delivery output from a development team.
- Experience managing multiple product lines concurrently
Our journey so far:
LoyaltyLion was founded four years ago by Charlie (ex-Deloitte) and Dave (ex-Oracle). They spent 12 months doing some serious bootstrapping – using a friend’s lounge as an office, renting the cheapest accommodation (it had no bathroom!) and taking government loans to make LoyaltyLion a success. Happy to say it’s paying off.
LoyaltyLion is backed by industry leading entrepreneurs who bring decades of expertise in loyalty, ecommerce, CRM and data science. Our investors include the first employee and former ecommerce director for ASOS, James Hart and Jan Boluminski, the co-founder of PAYBACK, the world’s largest loyalty company.