Product at Thirdshelf is about delivering on the company’s vision. Making ideas reality. Solving complex problems with simple, elegant and scalable solutions. Bringing a dose of magic into the commerce ecosystem (POS, Payments, eCommerce) by removing friction and enabling software companies to partner with ease with payment service providers.
The Senior Product Manager – Payments & Platform will spend most of his time working with ISVs (Other SaaS companies), Payment Service Providers and Integration Partners gathering an in-depth understanding of their business and technical goals, their workflows and be able to document, analyze, and synthesize their needs into a compelling product vision and ensuring its timely execution.
As the first hire in the Product team, reporting to the CPO, you will be wearing both a business and a technical hat. One minute you will be formulating and sharing your vision on how we should go about solving problems, the next you will be speccing a feature and planning the next sprint with the Engineering team. One thing for sure is you’ll need to roll-up-your-sleeves to get things across the line.
Your Technical Chops
- 3+ years of technical product management experience on a SaaS platform servicing SMBs
- 3+ years experience working within the Commerce ecosystem (Point of Sale, eCommerce, Payments)
- 2+ years hands-on experience with integrated/semi-integrated Payment Acceptance technologies and/or Payment Middlewares/Gateways like Vantiv TriPOS, Cayan Genius, etc.
- Familiar with the semi-integrated offerings from terminal vendors like Verifone, Ingenico, PAX, etc.
- Self-starter, data-driven, problem solver with a strong analytical mindset and at-ease in a fast-paced startup environment
- Exceptional ability to grasp and articulate complex systems
- Deep level of empathy towards customers, always seeking ways to help them achieve their goals
- Natural ability to distinguish what is important from what is not and prioritize accordingly
- Team player recognizing that communication is critical to the team’s success
- Experience being the Product Owner within Agile/Scrum teams
- Experience with Analytics platforms (Segment, Mixpanel, Amplitude, etc.)
Experience with lightweight programming languages and able to navigate basic SQL queries