Have you saved a life today?
Apollo Fire Detectors is one of the world’s largest manufacturers of smoke detectors, modules and notification devices. Established in 1980, Apollo has become one of the top five manufacturers in the world, specializing in the design and manufacture of high quality detection products. We pride ourselves in manufacturing life saving devices that can be found in places like the Statue of Liberty, One World Trade Center, or in the residential homes of everyday citizens.
As the Global Product Manager, you would be responsible for the global product portfolio of Commercial Fire Detection in UL markets. You would leverage your experience to manage the existing portfolio and identify, develop and launch new products. This includes managing cross functional teams and life cycle management. Additionally, you would be responsible for assessing customer needs (VOC), market conditions, regulatory requirements and competition to effectively develop and drive a winning portfolio strategy
- Develop product positioning and value propositions for Commercial Fire Detection.
- Work closely with sales, engineering and the Apollo U.K. team, and interact directly with our customers and prospects.
- Provide commercial, technical, supply chain and financial leadership for product lines to drive sustainable, profitable growth.
- Responsible for the complete product lifecycle for the assigned product segments, including new product development plans, product enhancements, product launch plans and execution, market priorities, and product discontinuation.
- Ensure a constant observation of relevant markets, including competitor activities, portfolio gaps, supply and demand conditions, standards and regulations.
- Initiate analyses and decision proposals for new product developments and road map.
- Lead product management and cross functional teams to achieve project deadlines and budgets.
- Review cost, profit and loss of all projects during and following the project.
- Prepare all required launch plans and materials with Sales, Marcom and Supply Chain.
- Identify and cultivates potential new partners to ensure future growth.
- Be willing to travel, including limited international travel (approximately 25%).
- Required: Bachelor’s degree in Business, Engineering or comparable
- Preferred: Master’s Degree in Business Administration, Engineering or comparable
- 5+ years of product management experience required
- Extensive knowledge of UL Fire detection market
- Ability to translate technical features/benefits into customer benefits
- Strong analytical/problem solving skills
- Strong organizational skills and ability to work well in a team environment
- Drive to succeed and self-motivation – ability to work with minimal oversight
- Experience in sales or business development is a plus
At Apollo America, we offer a competitive salary, and a full range of benefits including Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance, 401K, Life/Voluntary Life Insurance, Short/Long Term Disability, and Maternity/Paternity leave.