The Team: OSP Phoenix Zones – Who we are
We’re building the software powering our next-generation fulfilment centres, which are core to the Ocado Smart Platform (OSP).
Our control systems ensure that stock is stored in the best areas of our automated warehouses such that we can pick customer orders optimally. This task involves algorithms and business logic splitting the work into component parts that can be assigned to our various people, stations and robotic systems for execution.
The OSP Phoenix Zones teams are specifically responsible for execution and optimisation of tasks that are performed by people working within our fulfilment centers. Tasks such as picking, loading, receiving, food preparation, dispatching and stock management.
Efficiency and accuracy are at the centre of everything we do. Building the new technology platform that enables each of our 24/7 sites to reach their 200,000 orders per week capacity keeps us busy and continually presents us with new opportunities and challenges.
What we’d like you to do
- Champion the Product vision in line with the Platform vision and goals
- Actively ensure that the Product vision is, and continues to be, fit for purpose by engaging with stakeholders
- Help to create a strong sense of purpose and mission for the development team
- Ensure that the Product roadmap is aligned with the platform goals and is validated with stakeholders
- Gather user and stakeholder feedback to continuously refine the product roadmap
- Build strong relationships with stakeholders within Ocado Technology and development teams
- Develop a deep understanding of the various technical systems that the team are actively working on to enable you to act as a proxy for the teams
- Be the go to person for knowledge about the Product and how it fits into the Platform
- Facilitate the agile processes and removing obstacles in workflow wherever required
- Work with stakeholders to define scope and prioritise stories to maximise business value using products created by the development teams
- Maintain the development teams focus on delivering value, balancing multiple streams of requirements and schedules so that they can concentrate on what they do best: delivering great products!
- Work with development teams in estimation and review sessions
- Constantly be monitoring progress, looking for ways to improve the product and make adjustments based on strategic goals
We’d like to see the following skills
- Demonstrable experience of working in an agile environment, ideally as a PO, but possibly as an agile coach or a similar role
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong business skills
- An understanding and appreciation for software development and design, solid technical skillset.
Bonus points for
- Strong technical skills and an analytical mind set
- Previous experience in a Product Development role
- Track record delivering high quality software that meets business need in a timely fashion
- Experience in estimating the value of software features, and in cost-benefit analysis and constructing business cases
- Knowledge and experience of agile methodologies
- Experience of managing a product backlog