At HelloFresh, we want to change the way people eat. Over the past 5 years we’ve seen this mission spread beyond our wildest dreams. So, how did we do it? Our weekly recipe boxes full of exciting recipes and lovingly sourced, fresh ingredients have blossomed into a community of inspired, energised home cooks that expands across the globe. We’re now active and growing in 9 different countries in 3 continents.
As a UI designer, you will be part of a team of designers and engineers that are passionate about delivering the best product to our users worldwide.You will be expected to collaborate with UX designers, copywriters and engineers to design unique user-centric, intuitive and beautiful interfaces. Our team of diverse and international colleagues always welcome innovative ideas and we strive to create a truly inspiring work environment in which you will thrive!
We have developed a highly refined product in the last years and now massively scale up the company on a global level. Join us and help building up a fresh food global champion!
About the job
- Turn conceptual ideas into intuitive and beautiful user interfaces that will excite our customers and make their life easier
- Implement visual designs using our custom style guide and help the design system team creating new UI components
- Partner with UX designers and copywriters to understand the user behavior in order to guide and validate your design decisions
- Give and receive feedback from other designers to continually raise our bar for quality
- Have an impact on developing and improving our design processes (we are looking for people who can champion design within the organization)
Who we’re looking for
- You have a portfolio of work demonstrating approach to user interface design and visual storytelling
- You are curious and adaptable. You have a high standard for producing incredible designs even when facing time and resources constraints
- You understand that designing beautiful UIs is important but it only works if done with a comprehensive understanding of user needs and an optimal user experience attached to it
- We use Sketch/Zeplin as our main tools to create and share designs. We expect you to be proficient on those tools but also suggest new ones that’ll make us work more efficiently
- You have excellent communication, interpersonal, and visual storytelling skills
- You understand the value of giving and receiving constructive feedback within your team
- Plus: You have experience with illustration, animation for micro-interactions and animated prototypes
What we offer
- You take responsibility from Day 1
- You work in a dynamic environment
- We offer an agile work environment, latest technology and ample opportunities to implement your own ideas
- We work from a modern office in the heart of Berlin
- A competitive salary for the startup job market
- Autonomy and support to implement processes and strategies as you find convenient