At HelloFresh, we want to change the way people eat. Over the past 5 years we’ve seen this mission spread beyond our wildest dreams. So, how did we do it? Our weekly recipe boxes full of exciting recipes and lovingly sourced, fresh ingredients have blossomed into a community of inspired, energised home cooks that expands across the globe. We’re now active and growing in 9 different countries in 3 continents.
We are looking for an experienced and inspiring Director of Digital Product Design to lead the design team, consisting of product designers and writers working cross-functionally to build our digital products. Candidates must have stellar communication and strategic skills, as this role will combine both leading the team that designs the digital products and working cross-functionally to shape the strategy behind key design decisions.
We have developed a highly refined product in the last years and are now massively scaling up the company on a global level. Join us and help building up a fresh food global champion!
About the job
- Develop and empower a team of designers and design leads. This means setting clear goals for team members, ensuring that the team focuses on the right problems and supporting career growth.
- Lead design strategy in multiple work streams, collaborating cross-functionally with product and engineering counterparts to align on company goals.
- Guide and support best practices and work flows to ensure high bar of quality and timely delivery.
- Actively recruit and fine-tune the hiring process of designers and UX writers, based on the needs of the company and skill-sets within the team.
- Maintain and improve a culture of open communication, positivity and feedback within the team, embodying these principles yourself foremost.
- Be highly communicative about the design team’s impact with senior management and the rest of the company to empower and give visibility to the design team.
- Seek and induce alignment across the broader HelloFresh group, with local brand and graphical design teams.
Who we are looking for
- 7+ years of experience within the digital product design field.
- 3+ years of experience within design management.
- Experience setting up scalable design organizations to support continued team growth.
- Deep understanding of agile methodologies.
- A portfolio of work that demonstrates experience in building teams, guiding design strategy within a cross-functional setup, as well as setting standards for work flows and quality.
- Experience in shaping products in collaboration with product and engineering. This should be evident in your portfolio of work.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
What we offer
- Responsibility from day one
- Freedom to implement your own ideas and make an impact
- Autonomy and support to implement processes and strategies to improve the way we work
- A modern office in the heart of Berlin
- Outstanding team atmosphere and international mix
- Relocation service to help anyone moving to Berlin from abroad