What are we about?
LendInvest is a fast-growing and FinTech business that’s shaping the future of property finance. Since launching in 2008 (as Montello, we rebranded in 2013), our investors have invested in over £1 billion of loans to buy, build or renovate almost 4,000 properties around the UK. We’ve built a highly scalable business model and have secured £39 million equity investment to date from the likes of Atomico, the European venture capital fund led by Skype founder, Niklas Zennström.
LendInvest is the world’s largest online marketplace for property lending and investing, as well as one of the UK’s most exciting FinTech companies. In the last few months we’ve been named in the Sunday Times’ Disrupt 10, a list of the ten most disruptive businesses in the UK, and we debuted at #37 in the 2017 Sunday Times Tech Track 100.
What’s the team like
You’ll work closely with Product Management, Marketing and Engineering and be championing improvements to our visual design, onboarding and conversion funnels.
You’ll be joining two talented designers forming a small, but mighty team of passionate user-centred problem solvers.
- Conceptualise original website design ideas that bring simplicity in a complex financial environment
- Gathering and evaluating user requirements, in collaboration with product managers, engineers & marketing
- Create wireframes, storyboards, user flows and process flows to communicate interaction and design ideas
- Present and champion designs and key deliverables to peers and executive level stakeholders
- Create original graphic designs (e.g. icons, infographics & data visualisation)
- Adhere to style standards in line with the LendInvest Global Experience Language, contributing new designs as needed.
- Conduct user research, concept testing and usability testing
- Evaluate user feedback and share results with your team and the wider company
- Stay closely involved with features from initial concept until after they are live
What we’d like you to have
- Proven work experience in web design including interaction, interface and visual design
- Demonstrable design skills with a strong portfolio that illustrates design process and experience taking ideas from concept to execution
- Ability to solve problems creatively and effectively, illustrating the process and the results achieved
- Ability to present your designs and sell your solutions to various stakeholders
- Up-to-date knowledge of design tools (Sketch, Invision, Atomic) and the ability to use the right level of fidelity and effort for the best results.
- Experience shipping mobile and web products.
- An open-plan working environment
- Matched pension contributions up to 4%
- Discretionary share-option scheme
- 25 days holiday
- Enhanced maternity/paternity pay
- Subsidised gym membership via PerkBox
- Various other discounts/benefits via PerkBox
- Open bar from 5.30pm (4pm on Fridays)
- Cooked lunch on Friday from a local restaurant
- A selection of breakfast cereals, fresh fruits and snacks are available each day
- A MacBook or similar and everything else you need to do your job
“We are committed to being an equal opportunity employer and value inclusivity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status.”