OLX is one of the biggest internet brands in Brazil and the absolute leading online marketplace with over 50 million users, R$81 billions in transacted merchandize in 2017 and a leading position in the Cars Vertical.
OLX Brazil aims to be one of the most profitable online businesses in Brazil. OLX is owned by two international groups: Naspers and Schibsted who are highly committed to making Brazil one of the most successful markets for online classifieds in the world.
For this role, you will be based on Rio de Janeiro, one of the most beautiful cities, with amazing nature and outdoor activities, relaxed lifestyle and considered by many the friendliest city in the world.
Current Areas of Emphasis 2018
- Private seller & buyer growth – 80% of Brazilians still haven’t sold anything online
- Category Verticalization – building experiences that solve category specific pain points
- Evolution of OLX mobile experience (apps & mobile web)
- Improve Trust & Safety
- Personalization & Recommendation
- Drive forward our understanding and vision of how buying & selling personal items should evolve (user needs, technologies, macro-trends, business models)
Your role & Impact
Articulate a clear vision for the future of the product and prioritize features & resources, along with area PMs, that will bring the most value for the users and the organization. Has broader horizontal vision & impact across the company. In this role, you will work closely with engineering, product, design, data analytics, and customer service teams to constantly iterate and improve buyer and seller experience.
Within the marketplace scope you will be responsible for several multi-functional product teams.
You will report to the CPO and will be part of the Senior Product Leadership Team. The role will be based in Rio de Janeiro.
Your mandate will include:
- Manage Product Managers and help facilitate their vision as they autonomously make product decisions
- Establish a shared vision across the company by building consensus on priorities
- Own the overall product strategy and success of the OLX Marketplace
- Internalize and deeply understand OLX’s mission and strategy, as well as shape the mission and goals of multiple teams under your direction
- Establish goals and work with cross-functional stakeholders (data science, vertical teams, customer support, marketing)
- Ensure excellent team dynamics, team and individual team member performance, growth and enthusiasm
What will you need to be successful in this role?
- Degree in UX, business, or engineering;
- Several years in senior product leadership role
- Solid experience in metrics focused product management
- Knowledge of UX design processes and methodologies
- Experience with agile development methodology
- Machine Learning experience a plus
- Fluent English
- All nationalities (for foreign applicants, OLX will assist with visa application and relocation)
- You have substantial experience managing and developing well-loved software products. You’ve had many experiences defining product roadmaps, building collaboratively with design and engineering peers, and shipping at scale.
- Analytical Creative
- Self-motivated with strong sense of ownership
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills
- Ability to think and act with a focus on the holistic needs of the organization and influence others to do the same
- Has strategic vision, understands business objectives and is able to inspire people around those
- Strong consumer product instincts
- A fundamentally user-centric approach to product iteration with natural design sense
- Ability to manage many projects in parallel
- Thrives in a fast paced and fast growth environment, comfortable with ambiguity