We’re a community of designers, engineers, and product managers who are passionate about building quality software. While our environment is collaborative and relaxed, we build products that are well-considered and well-architected.
We’re looking for Product Managers with strong technical backgrounds who can rally teams of engineers and product designers, and drive the development of great products. As a Postlight Product Manager, you will sit at the intersection of business, tech, and design. You should feel as comfortable outlining a product strategy as commenting on lines of code in GitHub. We’re looking for people who have led teams, shipped products, and made difficult decisions when necessary.
Who you are:
- You’re comfortable sitting with clients to define and prioritize product features
- You collaborate well with engineers and product designers
- You can make tough decisions and clearly articulate reasons behind them
- You demonstrate strong leadership and communication skills
Ideally, you have experience with some or all of the following:
- Segment, Google Analytics, or a comparable web analytics service
- Wireframing and prototyping tools (Invision, Balsamiq, Proto.io, etc.)
- Design tools (Sketch, Photoshop, Illustrator, etc.)
- Project management tools (GitHub Issues, Jira, Pivotal Tracker, Trello, Asana, etc.)
What you’ll be doing:
- Communicating daily with clients to ensure their continued happiness
- Working with client stakeholders and users to ensure each product effort is well defined and well built
- Helping drive client pitch meetings for new potential clients and new work from our existing clients
- Leading the design, technical development, and launch of innovative products
- Prioritizing features, building consensus, and coordinating product schedules with our team of engineers and product designers
- Shipping products that reach millions of users around the world
Whether working on site or remotely, your communication skills will be as important as your technical ones. Collaborating across time zones requires constant, clear communication and coordination, via Slack, GitHub comments, documents, and frequent video conferences. Postlight is headquartered in New York City, but a third of our team works remotely. We know how to keep everyone on the same page, and so should you.
Your skill set will grow at Postlight. You will join a team excited about the problems they solve and the tools they use to solve them. We keep pace with the industry, and are active participants in the open-source world. You will find yourself regularly growing in your career, using new tools and frameworks to solve new kinds of problems—with support from management and mentors.
Postlight is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.