As Product Owner, you are responsible for defining requirements that your software delivery team delivers, and you will be therefore be the subject matter expert for your area. Our Visual Merchandising tools and technologies are central to our brand ‘DNA’, establishing the often imitated, never duplicated look and feel of our luxury fashion websites. You will be defining the vision for product ranking, taxonomy and merchandising tooling, and ensuring there is buy-in for that vision from both the business and technology teams.
You will take high-level strategy from the Product Manager and determine the detail of what needs to be delivered, along with the prioritisation of those elements that will deliver maximum business value as early as possible. Within the software delivery team, you will totally own the product and will be trusted by the business to make the right decisions to ensure its success.
As the representative of the product’s stakeholders within the team, you will work with business and tech representatives to help write unambiguous user stories, ensuring that the team fully understands the business objectives. Our people are creative, highly skilled individuals, driven towards continuous improvement and you will be a role model for these behaviours.
- Liaising with business and tech stakeholders to gather problem statements and discuss ideas
- Analysis of business data to ensure accurate prioritisation of work
- Translating business strategies and problems into requirements for the delivery team, and agreeing KPIs for features
- Work closely with the development teams (Delivery Managers, Developers, Testers and Business Analysts) to evolve a market-leading suite of merchandising tools
- Competitor and market analysis
- Communicating strategy and progress at all levels of the business
- Travel to other global offices and external customer premises
Skills and Experience:
- Experience of managing products through their lifecycle from idea to delivery – essential
- Proven experience in successfully delivering measurable business value through software or initiatives you have defined – essential
- Experience working within fashion merchandising, or a strong understanding of luxury fashion – essential
- Expertise in delivering value from Agile methodologies – essential
- Experience organising and enabling cross functional teams to deliver to tight deadlines working without line management responsibility – essential
- Experience in writing clear and succinct user stories with explicit acceptance criteria that have led to successful delivery – essential
- Experience in analysing and mapping system data flows to business processes – essential
- Knowledge of APIs – preferable
- Experience/understanding of working on system re-architecture projects – preferable
- Understanding of interaction design – preferable
- Understanding of value chain analysis – preferable
Reports to: Senior Product Owner
Location: London, W12 with occasional travel to our Distribution in SE7
YOOX NET-A-PORTER GROUP is an equal opportunities employer, if you require any reasonable adjustments to complete your application, please do not hesitate to advise us accordingly.