SEEK has evolved from being a domestic online employment classifieds business, to the largest global online marketplace, operating in 19 countries. Our reach includes Australia, New Zealand, China, Brazil, Mexico, South East Asia, Southern Africa, India and Bangladesh.
Founded in Melbourne, Australia in 1997, there are now over 6,000 people working for SEEK globally. We believe the key to our success is creating a work environment which is challenging, rewarding and inclusive.
We are committed to making a difference to our community as well as to our company.
SEEK’s strategy is to match more candidates to opportunities than anyone else through using its marketplace scale to build a radically more efficient and effective marketplace.
A cornerstone of SEEK’s growth since its inception has been the quality of its people, its award winning culture and strong commitment to its values. This will continue to be at the core of ongoing success and growth for SEEK in all locations.
Formed from the recent merger of the two leading portals in the region, JobStreet.com and jobsDB, SEEK’s Asian operation now employs 1,500 people operating across 7 countries in South East Asian countries. Operating across 7 countries in South East Asian countries, it now has ambitious growth plans that includes expanding its product set and customer base. To support this, we are transforming our sales and service organization including moving to a more solution based selling approach, increasing use of digital channels and becoming more data driven.
The SEEK Group are committed to helping people live more fulfilling and productive working lives and helping organisations succeed. To deliver on this vision we need to deliver world class products that make a meaningful and lasting impact on our customers by solving their most pressing problems.
We are looking for a talented and energetic product practitioner who is comfortably dealing with ambiguity, thrives on the challenge of stretching themselves to wear multiple hats where required to get to the best outcome, and has a strong track record of shipping solutions that have really made a difference.
Reporting under the Product Management team and based in Kuala Lumpur, the Product Manager will provide the insight and influence to define the product vision based upon an in-depth, practical knowledge of user needs, the most relevant technology trends and business strategy dynamics of the evolving online employment marketplace. S/he will also need to be a valued contributor to the overall strategy and executive leadership team of the business.
- Own and manage the product backlog for key initiatives, playing the role of Product Manager in a scrum environment. You will be required to write crystal clear user stories and be a master planner.
- Drive tangible results by facilitating cross functional collaboration between teams and be the driving force that pulls people together to achieve the best outcomes for our customers.
- Evangelize our products, features, and vision across the entire organization, communicating clearly and effectively with stakeholders of all levels.
Play a key role in product discovery to ensure we are building usable, valuable and feasible products that our customers love.
- Build relationships and support other Product streams in their mission to build amazing products.
Stay abreast of industry and competitor trends, and share insights and learnings across the group.
Essential Skills, Experience and Competencies
- A degree in computer science, business studies or equivalent.
A product specialist rockstar with proven track record of delivering awesome digital products. You are a creative thinker with stellar design instincts and product taste.
- A relentless drive to get stuff done. A hands-on problem solver, you are comfortable with ambiguity and will take an idea and make it happen; you persevere when others fall away.
- Keen eye for detail. You make sure nothing gets missed.
Obsessive about solving real customer problems. You value customer input and actively seek out ways to test your hypotheses early and often.
- You have sufficient technical understanding to debate across all levels of the organisation on analytics, agile methodologies, responsive design, code quality, system scalability and site reliability without skipping a beat.
- Well-developed communication, presentation and interpersonal skills
Comfortable working with remote counterparts and teams using online collaboration tools. Yet you also feel right at home jumping off a plane and heading straight in to the office to deliver great work.
- Working knowledge of UX design and prototyping tools to quickly communicate concepts and ideas a plus.
- Believe in aiming high to deliver world-class results and yet, not forgetting to care for others.