At Unmortgage we enable everyone to live in the home they want. We are opening up home ownership by co-investing with people who haven’t been able to buy yet.
Over the next 18 months we will help 2,000 customers find their dream home.
We’re looking for passionate Product Designer who can help shape our customer experience and build our build a market-leading multichannel customer experience in a user-centric and evidence-led way. Not settling for less.
Fairness is our core value and drives everything we do. It allows us to balance the home owning aspirations of our customers with our investors’ needs for financial security. It also governs how we treat each other.
Come build the future of home ownership with us
Who you are
- You’re a skilled designer. With experience in product design.
- You’re able to engage a team. You’ll also be a natural coach.
- You may have worked in a startup before. You’re flexible.
- You’re communicative. You enjoy showcasing work to the wider team.
- You’re comfortable explaining your decisions and rationale to other designers, PMs, and senior stakeholders.
The skills you’ll have
- You’ll be great using design tools. Sketch, Invision, Photoshop, the list goes on..
What you’ll do
- You’ll work with a team of designers to design end to end comprehensive workflows. Having identified design and experience problems with our product team.
- You’ll lead design projects, from conception to delivery. You’ll be improving shipped projects working with the research team to continually provide a great user experience.
- You’ll be a designing originally pieces including prototypes and interfaces. They’ll be beautiful.
- You’ll create intuitive user interfaces across web, tablet and mobile technology. You’ll lead on delivering the best user experience.
- You’ll be working in small team of junior and mid designers. Three to be precise.
- You’ll be a lead voice within the team. Responsible for how the team interacts with key stakeholders across the business.
- You’ll mentor and coach junior members of the design team. Facilitating their ongoing development through shared learning.
How we work
- We work in an Agile manner, this way we can test, learn and improve.
- You’ll be given the freedom to fail. How else do we learn.
- We encourage collaboration across the Customer Experience team. Great ideas can come from anywhere.
- Ideas start of fragile and sometimes need time to grow. We create space for this to happen.
What we offer you
- Salary of £45 – 60k
- Offices right above Bank Tube Station, London
- Your choice of hardware
- Standing desks and wellness rooms
- Free tea and a barista-staffed coffee bar. Also free.
- Access to the company Bonus Pool
- Training budget to help you grow
- Free team lunch on Fridays
- Unlimited holidays. Within reason, of course.
Our interview process is designed to be quick and respectful. We’re looking for people who are competent and would fit us culturally. So we:
– have a quick call
– invite you in to meet the people you’ll be working with and go through a technical test
– spend some time with the wider team, after which we’ll make you an offer
End-to-end the process takes 2-7 working days, depending on your availability.