CV-Library is one of the UK’s largest online job sites, with over 12.7 million candidates and 4.3 million unique visitors every month. With a client list crammed full of the biggest brand names in recruitment and also a healthy mix of well-known corporate clients, we are rapidly evolving into one of the biggest and most dynamic online media organisations in the UK. The exciting news is we’re still growing beyond all expectations.
We are now seeking a Business Analyst (BA) to join our Product Team.
As a BA you will gather and define requirements for improvements to the CV-Library applications. Working with the Product Managers you will write concise and unambiguous requirements documentation than can be delivered by Developers.
Key Responsibilities & Accountabilities
- Engage with business stakeholders to gather business requirements
- Convert high-level requirements User Stories
- Analyse and document the business benefit for each request
- Co-ordinate with Product Managers, Solutions, UX and Delivery to ensure each User Story has sufficient detail to be worked on by a Developer
- Analyse whether new functionality will impact other parts of the business
- Define the acceptance criteria for each User Story
- Conduct User Acceptance Testing to determine whether the work that has been developed meets the acceptance criteria
- Peer-review User Stories written by other team members
Required skills and experience
Business Analysts will ideally have all of the below.
- Experience breaking down large requests into small chunks of functionality
- Experience working within an Agile or Scrum software development team
- Demonstrable ability to focus on the user requirements rather than how the system currently behaves
- Experience using JIRA (or equivalent software development tools)
- A good understanding of websites, ecommerce and online platforms
Required Personal Attributes
- Clear, confident and proactive communicator who is able to bridge the gap between the business and technical experts
- Excellent analytical skills
- Excellent written skills
- Good time management
- The ability to manage and work on multiple projects at once