At BraveNewTalent we know that our success depends on creating valuable, enjoyable learning experiences for our users. The Senior Product Manager role is based in London but will be required to travel often to San Francisco office to engage with the US Team and US Customers. You will focus on achieving our product goals and managing all stakeholders to achieve the best outcome.
We want to create a valuable, beautiful, simple, emotionally engaging, addictive product. To help us, we’ll want you to:
- Actively collect product feedback from marketing, sales, customers, executives and other stakeholders.
- Drive product requirements definition and product planning of new features and enhancements.
- Develop a deep knowledge of the world of enterprise talent communities and social learning and how they can support each other.
- Understand and lead the analysis of all of the product research data, examining our users’ behaviour and needs, the competitive environment, market research, and product metrics in order to gain empathy with our users and customers and synthesise the data down to iterative product improvements that drive engagement and usage of the product.
- Be a product evangelist; propound the merit of the product both within the organisation & externally.
- Work with the design and UX team to base product decisions on a mix of user behaviour (evidence), user research, and design theory (in that order).
Define and Plan
- Define and develop a comprehensive product strategy and roadmap that delivers on BraveNewTalent’s strategic and competitive position.
- Create detailed user stories for product ideas with agreed scope.
- Translate those ideas into a prioritised backlog that you can justify to the wider business.
- Work with designers and the engineering team to plan backlog work and ensure items are delivered in a timely fashion.
- Work with the Kanban based engineering and development team, as well as other cross-functional teams to launch new features and products.
- Support continuous deployment whilst ensuring all product changes are communicated to the wider business through release notes. For larger changes to the product, also work with marketing to create feature launch and marketing plans that ensure successful release and adoption (initially perhaps to a subset of customers).
- Work alongside other members of the product team plus the engineering team to QA the product and ensure it is of the highest quality.
- Maintain a product support plan.
- Must be passionate about emerging web technologies, community building and social learning, with a demonstrated track record of visionary execution.
- At least 3+ years experience in an enterprise product management or equivalent role preferably in building web products, with a demonstrated ability to drive product planning, development, and launch.
- Ideal candidates should posses a keen understanding of the most recent trends around consumer and enterprise web usage, including experience with social media.
- The candidate must be able to manage and lead across highly cross-functional teams.
- Must have excellent oral and written communication skills and be able to interact with and understand technical subjects/emerging technologies and their relevance to the marketplace.
- Must be able to interact with diverse groups of technical and non-technical people.
- Willingness to work in a fast-paced start-up environment, with global teams.
- Degree in a technology-related field a plus.
Salary – Negotiable dependent on experience plus stock options & benefits
BraveNewTalent is a Enterprise talent engagement and social learning platform. Organizations such as eBay, Expedia and Standard Chartered use the platform to build talent communities around professional topics that attract, engage & develop people from their past, present and future workforce. BraveNewTalent is essentially facilitating ‘the virtual University of the Enterprise’ and has huge scalability potential via the network effect. The long term value is that BraveNewTalent will map the Talent Graph around professional knowledge enabling organizations to increase the efficiency of deploying human capital.
Making professional learning social
Democratizing Education, Meritocracizing Opportunity
For more information see http://BraveNewTalent.com/about
Following Series A venture funding from Northzone, BraveNewTalent has expanded its operations to the US with the Development and Product team remaining in London.
BraveNewTalent is on a mission – we want to make history as a company. We do not want people looking for a job but people with great ambition and passion looking to make an impact. We work hard and play hard. We want to bring the Silicon Valley culture to London. We aim to completely change the game by helping to solve one of the world’s largest problems.