Character Lab is looking for a Junior Product Manager. Reporting to our Director of Research Infrastructure (Nora Stinley), the Junior Product Manager will support the development and maintenance of Character Lab Research Network’s digital platform. This is an exciting opportunity for a user-oriented, innovative professional to have a tremendous impact by ensuring we develop and maintain the systems to advance the science and practice of character development.
Our digital platform is hosted by Qualtrics, and is a combination of standard Qualtrics products as well as custom products designed and developed in collaboration with Qualtrics’ engineering services teams. This unique combination of technology allows Character Lab Research Network to facilitate character development research activities at our partner schools in a convenient and secure online format.
The Junior Product Manager will have strong input into the strategic development of our digital platform including the development of the product roadmap, fostering and maintaining relationships with key external partners such as Qualtrics, and collaborating with key stakeholders to design and advance the development of new digital products. In close collaboration with the Director of Research Infrastructure, they will be encouraged to make recommendations for process improvements as necessary.
Lead full cycle of user research testing from research phase through launch
Managing Character Lab Research Network short-term roadmap
Working collaboratively with external vendors’ engineering and development teams to communicate product specifications, clarify design and development needs, and manage those teams’ adherence to timelines and outputs
Working with the UX Researcher and Director of Research Infrastructure to move the long-term roadmap forward
Collaborating with users and user proxies to write requirements and wireframe new feature ideas
Making data-driven recommendations for changes based on user testing, research, and feedback
User testing features with customers and other stakeholders
Additional responsibilities as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree and at least 2 years of professional experience in research, product management, UI/UX, or a related field/discipline
- Required skills: User research and testing, wireframing, development of a minimum viable product, engaging stakeholders and establishing product buy-in, product roadmap development and navigation
- A strong scientific background is preferred
- Detailed understanding of product roadmaps and the product development cycle
- Ability to think strategically and identify system improvements
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Exceptional organizational and project management skills
- Comfort working with a diverse team to rapidly iterate, build, test, and launch features
- Fierce work ethic and sense of purpose, with the ability to work well as part of a dynamic start-up
Physical Demands/Environmental Factors
Frequent, prolonged, and irregular hours of duty
Occasional travel for work-related responsibilities and needs