Title: Senior Product Manager
Location: Berlin, Germany
Humanitec develops a platform that helps software teams to radically speed up their microservice-architecture development. We are laying foundations to take automatization in a lot of engineering environments to the next level and we work with the most thrilling projects in the deep tech space. We are working in groups developing complex enterprise-level systems and standardize our core-solutions on the go. We work in the fields of global workforce-management, organizational management, data-consolidation and analysis, IoT-integration, and many more.
GENERAL POSITION SUMMARY:
Based in Berlin, Germany, the Senior Product Manager will take over end-to-end responsibility for the development of a digital product for an enterprise clients at Humanitec. The responsibility starts with the planning for a new enterprise project incl. gathering requirements, conducting research, and defining all required documents (e.g., RFI / RFP documents, final offer). Once the project has been confirmed, the Senior Product Manager takes over responsibility for the development of the software solution incl. management of an agile software development team, writing tickets, leading all important Scrum meetings, aligning with UX and QA, documentation, and continuous communication with all relevant stakeholders and the client.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Business value creator with a proper understanding of IT software business, respective IT solutions knowhow and excellence in business analysis.
- Work cooperatively and effectively with C- level executives, other product managers, clients, sales managers, implementation specialists, product trainers, third party vendors, and field implementation teams for the flawless execution of projects.
- Initiate, lead and/or supervise end-to-end projects using agile methodologies and perform risk management to minimize the project risks.
- Create detailed project plans by ensuring resource availability and allocation, on time delivery, and delivery within scope and budget.
- Review the project schedule with senior management and all other staff that will be affected by the project activities; revise the schedule as required.
- Planning IT activities according to the business strategy; proactive business consulting and communication; create and maintain comprehensive project documentation.
- Work with clients to build compelling data stories through interactive visualizations and reports.
- Work with clients to develop metrics and information feedback loops to track progress and enable informed program decision-making.
- Engage with client leaders to see ensure the platform value proposition is being realized.
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE:
- Several years of relevant work experience in the role of a product manager responsible for both, managing projects and ensuring effective internal processes and communication.
- Academic Degree or equivalent professional qualification/ experience.
- Functional understanding of Microservices, Enterprise Architecture, Cloud and SOA.
- Customer oriented attitude and empathy for identifying the actual needs of all stakeholders.
- Strong analytical and conceptual skills, understanding how to interpret customer needs and translate them into application and operational requirements.
- Able to transfer technically complex topics into management messages / presentations.
- Experience in leading IT projects and programs.
- Proven ability to build up good and trustful relations with key counterparts on business and IT roles.
- Skilled in coordination projects from pre-sales through production and implementation, with strong attention to detail and follow-through.
- Excellent communication writing skills, fluent in English and German.
- Ability to work and communicate in a fast-paced international environment.
- Adaptability, being able to alter your approach to different clients and colleagues.
GREAT TO HAVE:
- Advanced knowledge of software creation and production processes and workflows
- Experience in using an agile approach for managing a program, human-centered design, or design thinking are strongly valued.
- Experience in consulting regarding and considering IT security requirements, audits and compliances.
The Senior Product Manager will have strong organizational skills and the ability to interact effectively with international and national personnel. He/she will have excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, and a demonstrated ability to multi-task and process information into action. Willing to collaborate and work in a team environment with other learning-driven team members focused on delivering and improving on every aspect of the software and the software development process.