Paxos’ mission is to modernize finance by mobilizing assets at the speed of the internet.
Paxos is building a future where all assets– from money to gold to securities–will be digitized and move instantaneously, 24/7. Settlement risk will cease to exist, so trillions of dollars of trapped capital can go to work in a global, frictionless economy.
Today, as the first regulated Trust company with blockchain expertise, Paxos is uniquely positioned to mobilize and custody them digitally.
Visit www.paxos.com for more information on Paxos and its institutional-grade products like Paxos Standard token and Paxos Confirmation Service for precious metals. Visit www.itBit.com for the crypto-asset exchange and related services including escrow, custody and OTC trading.
Business Unit/Role Overview:
Paxos is seeking a talented and driven Senior Product Manager for its distributed ledger platform, Bankchain. You will be a core member of the Paxos organization and lead a cross-functional team that includes user experience designers, engineers and automated test engineers. You will work closely with all business stakeholders, the founders and most importantly, the customers.
We hold ourselves to a very high hiring bar. To achieve this, we think of roles first and foremost as outcomes to be achieved, not simply a description of responsibilities. We have developed what we call a ‘Success Profile’ for this role, which has two sections:
- Outcomes: Meaningful and measurable work products that have a significant impact on the team and business over a defined timeframe.
- How to Achieve Outcomes: We have a strong point of view on how this role will succeed in achieving outcomes at Paxos. So, we have taken the Operating System of Paxos – our values – and made it relevant to this role.
- Use best practices in product management to discover, validate and prioritize assumptions across industry post-trade problem areas to determine the product roadmap. Your most important outcome is a product that provides value to our customers and that our customers love to use. Success is measured by designing features that positively impact the desired KPIs for the product.
- Design and operationalize a framework to prioritize product deliverables and ensure optimum utilization of time and resources on the most high impact items. Success is measured by consistently clear alignment of goals and priorities with internal stakeholders (engineering, sales etc.).
- Design and operationalize a framework to conduct user testing sessions with customers to gain insights throughout the product life cycle. Success is measure by surfacing actionable product insights that impact the business positively.
- Consistently translate product insights into deliverables for the designers to build and deliver exceptional user experience. Success is measured by the ability to do this seamlessly and at scale without any loss in context.
How to achieve the Outcomes:
Technical Acumen Required:
- Strong understanding of modern product best practices and techniques including agile, “lean startup” and MVP principles. Someone who has executed these best practices, and implemented it multiple times with positive results.
- Communicate clearly with engineers, designers, business stakeholders and customers by developing clear user stories, mockups and prototypes.
Shared Commitment to Excellence:
- Obsession with delivering value to customers and validating with data. Not settling for what a customer asks for, but discovering ways to deliver value to the customer.
- Have a very high bar for how users/customers experience your product or parts of it. You are unwilling to do anything that adversely affects that experience.
- In your partnership with Engineering and other stakeholders, you focus on content when disagreeing, without ever making it personal. You make your disagreement outcome-based rather than personal.
- You show care for team members by sharing feedback about ideas, processes and behaviors directly with the individual it is meant for.
Be an Owner:
- You take responsibility for ambiguous problems that require support from your extended resource network i.e. cross functional partners in Engineering, Business Development etc. You are proactive in sharing, consulting and influencing cross-functionally to solve the problem.
- You are not only consultative with cross-functional partners, but are able to get cross functional buy in and drive the implementation and adoption.
Search for the Truth:
- Be willing to abandon assumptions in order to make the best decisions in the context of the current domain but also champion ideas that may not be conventional, if it is the right idea.
- You are solely focused on finding the best possible solution vs. your idea “winning”.
- A strong enterprise product management background with a history of successful product, especially bringing products from zero or from nascent phases into mature products.
- Experience working in highly ambiguous, fast-paced and product-led environments.
- Experience working in small teams with broad responsibilities.
- Familiarity with lean and agile ideologies and management practices, particularly for B2B technology companies.
Paxos is an equal opportunity employer. It does not discriminate on the basis of sex, age, color, race religion, marital status, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, physical and mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, veteran status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law.