- Key role in candidate experience team
- Regional role based in Kuala Lumpur
- Attractive Remuneration Package
- Relocation Support if Required
Would you like the chance to join a global technology company that puts its customers at the heart of its mobile-first mission? If so, SEEK Asia needs you. We’re looking for an experienced product manager with a mobile first instinct and customer-centric mindset. You’ll balance commercial sense with a customer-first attitude, be metric-obsessed and understand what it takes to design and build a great digital experience. In return you’ll get to be part of a growing, global product team, with tangible impact on both business and customers.
About SEEK Asia
At SEEK Asia, we help improve people’s lives by connecting them to better careers. Whether you are from a large city like Singapore or Hong Kong, or from a small rural town in an emerging market, we help people find jobs, develop their careers and live productive and fulfilling working lives. It’s something we are passionate about and we hope you are too.
SEEK Asia is the largest employment marketplace in South East Asia, operating across seven markets – Hong Kong, Malaysia, Singapore, Philippines, Indonesia, Vietnam and Thailand. The company formed in 2015 from the merger of two leading job portals in the region, JobStreet.com and JobsDB, after both were acquired by SEEK Ltd. Having invested in bringing these two successful companies together, we are now embarking on our next phase of innovation and growth.
Our parent company, SEEK Ltd is listed on the Australian Stock Exchange (ASX:SEK) with a market cap of over $6.2B AUD. The company is the largest global online employment marketplace with operations in 19 countries across Asia, Latin America, Southern Africa and Oceania. Our global headquarters is in Melbourne, Australia. The groups employment marketplaces receive over 375 million visits every month, have over 3 million job opportunities available at any given time and over 100 million jobseeker profiles.
In total, over 6,000 people work for SEEK globally and we believe the key to our success is creating a work environment which is challenging, rewarding and inclusive. A cornerstone of SEEK’s growth since its inception has been the quality of its people, its award-winning culture and strong commitment to its values.
SEEK Asia employs over 1500 people across multiple regional offices and its headquarters is located in Kuala Lumpur. The Product Delivery group is over 200 people operating out of four regional development centres in Hong Kong, Shenzhen, Penang and Kuala Lumpur. Product teams operate as cross functional, collocated, lean/agile teams and we are well progressed in our transformation towards a high performance digital culture. Few organisations in Asia can offer an engaging work environment and challenging problems to solve in a digital business with our scale. Our teams regularly collaborate with product teams around the world, sharing advanced technologies, products and best practices.
Reporting to the Product Director and based in Kuala Lumpur, this is a unique opportunity to take an exciting role in a successful digital company in Asia.
As an experienced product manager, you will have the chance to own the strategy, roadmap and metrics for a key part of our product, which support our candidates seeking new career opportunities. You will help drive active users, engagement and ultimately applications for jobs, through our notifications platform (emails, push, browser notifications) by scaling a flexible new system into our Asia markets. You’ll work closely with technical experts, as well as service and UX designers, and colleagues in marketing and commercial roles, to deliver a world class customer experience. From discovering the perfect job to applying for it and beyond, you’ll sweat the details to ensure we build the best possible product for our users.
What you’ll be doing
- Help create and drive the roadmap and delivery of our candidate notifications platform
- Champion our users at every step of the way to ensure we build a product that is best in class
- Manage the transition from legacy systems (across JobsDB and JobStreet brands) to a new single solution
- Balance the most important customer problems with commercial concerns to build OKRs and a roadmap that aligns with our organisational strategy as well as our user research
- Build strong relationships across functions to get the best result for customers
- Support a safe, trustful, empowered and transparent culture
- Evangelize your products, features, and vision across the entire organization, communicating clearly and effectively with stakeholders of all levels
About you, your skills & competencies
- A passionate product person with a proven track record of delivering innovative digital products that scale.
- A commercial / entrepreneurial mindset and an understanding of how to get business value from the things your teams build (experience with OKRs is a bonus!)
- Default to using data to support your decision making – you are comfortable with qualitative and quantitative data analysis and able to turn this into actionable insights
- Biased to action – always striving to be fast, practical and focused on getting the right outcome, taking the initiative and getting things done if needed
- Smart, curious and creative – you know how to ask the right questions and are driven to get stuff done.
- Obsessive about solving real customer problems – you value customer input and actively seek out ways to test your hypotheses early and often
- Experience of Lean & Agile practices and knowledge of how to apply this to digital product delivery
- Have great product instincts, an appreciation of good design and keen eye for detail & quality
- Able to weigh up trade-offs, make tough calls and prioritise effectively in a collaborative manner
- Passionate about technology with enough knowledge of detail to drive conversations that help delivery
- Experience of stakeholder management and demonstrable empathy and communication skills
- Comfortable working with remote counterparts and teams, in a global and diverse organisation, using online collaboration tools
- Believe in aiming high to deliver world-class results and yet, never forget to care for others, thinking people-first