At Hobsons, education is more than just our business; it’s our passion. Since 1974, we have been helping educators, administrators, students, and families maximize success through every stage of the learning lifecycle. Hobsons’ personalized learning, academic planning, post-secondary enrollment, and student support solutions serve millions of students across more than 12,000 schools, colleges, and universities around the globe.
As a leader in college and career readiness, student success, and student recruitment, Hobsons is continually growing and innovating. We are looking for a Product Manager for New Markets to join our team. This role will lead research & discovery for expansion into new markets, building business cases to support the best opportunities. This product manager will be defining strategy and roadmap, writing requirements, collaborating with UX design, and serving as the product leader for new market development.
This position will be located in: Arlington, VA (Clarendon metro)
- Conduct ongoing market and user research to identify the best opportunities for Hobsons to grow into new markets.
- Develop business cases and proposals for senior leadership to support and justify the pursuit of new market opportunities.
- Work with architects and engineering leadership to determine resources needed and build appropriate teams for approved projects.
- Support Hobsons Software Development Lifecycle as an agile Product Owner and be the proxy for the users and the customers to the scrum team.
- Build positive relationships and trust through on-time delivery, high quality, continuous innovation, and exceeding expectations.
- Translate product features into customer benefits and work with product marketing to develop messaging and positioning for our sales organization and other internal and external stakeholders.
- Effectively communicate and collaborate product focus throughout entire organization including senior leadership, product development teams, sales, professional services, marketing, UX, etc.
- Track results, provide insights, and make recommendations to improve customer experience and ROI.
- Participate in relevant professional organizations to gain industry knowledge regarding trends or other factors impacting the product line and to make sure the company’s corporate interests are represented.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant business or technical discipline is required. An advanced degree is desirable.
- 5+ years in a product management role or related education technology field is required.
- Familiarity with postsecondary and secondary education, career preparation and recruitment, and/or B2C markets strongly preferred.
- Strong understanding of predictive modeling and analytics to drive in-product analysis and recommendations.
- Business acumen and proficiency with quantitative analysis techniques.
- Strong understanding of web-based technologies and related design concepts.
- Ability to blend creativity with analytical problem solving.
- Ability to grasp broad product/business strategy and technical product.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and organizational skills.
- Strong customer and student empathy. Passion for education.
See more detail on our website: https://www.hobsons.com/careers/opening/o36n8fwo#main