Right now, even though STEM skills are increasingly important, over 60% of students in Kindergarten through 8th grade are not proficient in math at their own grade-level. As a society, we need to bring together our best, most creative minds to tackle this critical problem and ensure all kids are successful in math and school and have the tools they need to reach their potential. This includes developing the most innovative learning technology using advanced data science in a way that inspires students and empowers teachers. Come help us make a difference at DreamBox Learning. We’re passionate about our mission to radically transform the way the world learns.
Today, our Intelligent Adaptive Learning platform – with its rigorous math curriculum and game-based environment – is helping 2 million kids and over 80,000 teachers improve math achievement and build a love of math at the same time. And as a rapidly growing tech company, we are just getting started. We’re looking for an experienced product analyst to inform our product innovation and accelerate our growth.
About the Role:
As a Product Analyst, you’ll partner with Product, Learning, Data Science, Business Intelligence and Engineering to understand student usage and learning data, sales metrics and customer feedback to influence product enhancements that optimize learning and engagement. This is a rare opportunity to be a part of a small, high energy, rapidly growing company at an exciting time in the development of EdTech. Check us out at DreamBox.com and see what our teachers and students think on twitter.
What You’ll be Doing:
- Proactively conduct exploratory and confirmatory data analysis using both quantitative and qualitative data to identify product opportunities and discover product insights; specific methodologies may include but are not limited to funnels, cohort analyses, long-term trends, user segmentation, and formal statistical modeling and hypothesis testing
- Define, analyze, and validate key metrics to inform decision-making and measure product success from a business and user perspective
- Communicate data, insights clearly, distilling complexity down to its essence
- Set up, conduct, analyze, and document good practices for product experiments
- Collaborate cross-functionally; empower and guide others to work effectively and efficiently with data
- Seek opportunities to improve team practices and create a data-informed culture
- Accountabilities and Performance Measures
- Provide insights and actionable recommendations based on rigorous analytic and methodological conclusions for business stakeholders.
- Improve data access through building and maintaining key dashboards and collaborating with Engineering to improve data accuracy and reliability
- Conduct or assist with experiments (ex. A/B or multi-variate) to evaluate the impact of new product features and learning pathways
- Bachelor’s degree in Statistics, Economics, Math, Computer Science, or related quantitative field
- 2 or more years relevant experience doing quantitative analysis to aid business decisions
- Proficiency with SQL and standard data visualization tools
- Proficiency with R, Python, or other data analytic tools is a plus
- Strength in defining business metrics, and experience working with large / diverse data sets
- Experience using experimentation to analyze the impact of new features (ex., A/B, multi-variate testing)
- EdTech experience is not required