Opsview is transforming systems monitoring by hiring creative, optimistic, questioners who thrive on delivery and personal achievement
Your next start
We are seeking a confident, enthusiastic and experienced Vice President of Product Management, who has a successful track record of delivering technical software products to enterprise businesses. You will have full responsibility for managing the entire product life cycle from strategic planning to tactical execution, establishing a portfolio roadmap and partnering with our innovation and engineering teams to deliver across multiple product releases and market segments. Your leadership, dynamism and delivery focus will be a key factor in our next phase of growth and overall business success.
Keep reading to find out the kind of person we’d like to get to know and the kind of company we are.
Why you’re with us
Your understanding of what delivers real value to our customers and the competitive landscape will enable you to develop a winning product strategy for Opsview. You will have experience of product and customer experience strategy, market research and analysis, value proposition design, agile development and automated build and testing methods.
Responsibilities will include everything from market analysis, idea development and prioritisation, customer testing and data analysis, as well as the processes that makes it happen smoothly. You’ll help us grow our product management practices, leading the organisation towards more efficient development and launches of innovative products.
This is a key strategic position reporting to the C.E.O., requiring an individual with a growth-oriented mindset, capable of providing technical and financial input to our business strategy. This is an excellent opportunity to be part of the Opsview Leadership Team in a thriving and dynamic industry, and to make a real contribution to our continued growth.
You’ll get to
- Elevate the design, innovation, and user experience of our products to drive enhanced value of our business
- Create and implement our product vision by developing product plans, managing the product life cycle and expanding our portfolio
- Gather, validate, and evaluate product/market requirements using a data-based approach
- Work in close collaboration with matrixed internal partners to translate business strategy into product development actions, including: marketing, sales, engineering and customer success
- Keep astride of market developments in product innovation and design in our space
- As a member of the Leadership Team, lead product innovation and improvement efforts that enhance our growth
- Identify, develop, and manage contractual, technical, and consulting relationships with strategic partners and providers
- Attract, develop and retain key talent
- Present our product vision and strategy to customers, prospects and analysts
You’ll probably have…
- A proven track record in product management and strategic thinking in an IT infrastructure environment
- The ability to understand customer needs and translate them into product offerings that drive profitable revenue
- A high degree of interest and understanding of the data centre, cloud and enterprise technology landscape
- An innovative ‘thought-leader’ approach with the ability to find effective and efficient ways to achieve objectives in a competitive and rapidly changing business
- In-depth knowledge of product development and evaluation processes and the associated commercial responsibilities
- Strong management and interpersonal skills with the ability to to drive the organisation forward, develop and coach the team.
- Experience as a proven leader with the ability to attract, develop, and retain a world-class team
- Experience of planning, monitoring and delivering strategic and tactical solutions with a focus on revenue growth and ROI
- An ability to be very technology-literate; comfortable debating the product and technology roadmap with the innovation and engineering teams
- Love to present your ideas and product vision with enthusiasm and passion externally
… and maybe you
- Have process management and design skills
- Have spent some time in the infrastructure monitoring domain
- Have experience working as part of a Leadership Team
- Enjoy working for SMEs
- Are an Agile evangelist with an interest in product development techniques, rapid prototyping and ‘getting it out of the building’, celebrating progress not perfection
We agree on this
Both individual and team contribution are really important. So is communication. Your team will celebrate your successes and help remove your blockers. You’ll do the same for others. We’re fostering an open culture where your team is more than Product Management; here, your team is Opsview.
You take pride and satisfaction in knowing each iteration of the work you do delivers innovation, solutions, success and opportunity. You learn from what you deliver. Being proud of the work you do and the collaborations you have with others is a fulfilling thing for you. Opsview delivers, so should you.
It should be important to you that the ideas and the creative works generated by you and your teammates are used and appreciated by a growing customer base. Amazing concepts should be thoughtful and highly desired by the customers that use them. All of Opsview is customer centric, including you.
People at Opsview are naturally creative, curious to try new things and push the status quo. Sometimes, things just need to get done and other times, every notion of what, why and how should be questioned. You’re comfortable with both. Opsview is doing things differently. Your differences will make us a better, stronger, more capable team.
It’s really simple at Opsview. We want you to excel and have fun doing it!