At TaskRabbit, we want to make your neighbourhood a little more familiar. Whether it’s a handyman (or woman!), a housecleaner, moving help or delivery person, we’re imagining a world where everyone will have a go-to team to make everyday life easier.
As a pioneer of the sharing economy, TaskRabbit was founded on the premise of neighbours helping neighbours. Since then, our network has grown to three countries and 45+ cities, yet our core mission of creating a better everyday life for everyday people has remained the same.
Together with IKEA, we’re creating more opportunities for people to earn a consistent, meaningful income on their own terms by building lasting relationships with clients in communities around the world.
We are a group of mission-minded people. Our culture is collaborative, pragmatic, and fast-paced. We’re looking for talented, entrepreneurially-minded and data-driven people who also have a passion for helping people do what they love – and have a ton of fun while they’re at it.
About the Job
TaskRabbit is seeking an experienced Product Management Director to lead our core product management team creating experiences for Clients, Taskers, IKEA customers, and internal users. Reporting to the CPO, you will work closely with a cross-functional team including engineering, design, data, and operations.
You will manage, mentor, and guide 6+ talented product managers that work on these teams. With them, you will own the vision, roadmap, and execution of our product development, implementing best practices to help ensure we deliver a high-quality service online and offline.
To accomplish this, you will need to leverage your strategic vision, deep product management experience, exceptional communication skills, and the ability to manage and support direct reports in the day-to-day responsibilities of requirements definition, delivery, and collaboration with engineering and other teams.
TaskRabbit is growing rapidly with the new leverage from IKEA behind us. We are still defining what is means to have a network of skilled people to make lives easier and at the same time, aggressively expanding internationally. This role is absolutely critical to our success because it lies at the intersection of all that we need to do to make it happen. It is going to be a quite a ride. Come join us in creating a better everyday life for everyday people.
- Inspire, mentor, develop, and grow a team of product managers to create coherent roadmaps and a smoothly running organization
- Create, own, and iterate (with CPO) the product vision as it applies to all participants in the marketplace
- Understand requirements from and be accountable to multiple internal stakeholders such as engineering, design, data, operations, and leadership teams
- Integrate data, research, and market analysis that inform the success of products
- Ensure the quality of our online and offline experiences
- Successfully collaborate on and communicate strategy, roadmaps, prioritization, and progress across the company
- Become an expert in the TaskRabbit business, deeply understanding TaskRabbit’s complex marketplace, IKEA business, and how together they have the potential to drive transformational growth
- Substantial experience as a consumer internet product manager with a track record of developing a set of successful best practices
- Experience leading product management teams
- Strong people management focus with understanding of individual growth, team dynamics, with history of leading by example
- Ability to contribute at many levels from creating a strategy to showing how to write great user stories
- Interest and ability to investigate data to generate and validate hypotheses
- Has the ability to handle uncertainty with grace and in an action-oriented manner
- Displays the emotional intelligence needed to influence and direct a wide range of personalities, through a period of profound growth and change
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to present and iterate with senior executives and across functions
- Demonstrated ability to understand and discuss technical concepts, manage tradeoffs and evaluate opportunistic new ideas with internal and external partners
- Proven skill in managing multiple, competing priorities and projects simultaneously
- Bonus: Marketplace product experience
You’ll love working here because:
- The People. You will be surrounded by some of the most talented, supportive, smart, and kind leaders and teams — people you can be proud to work with!
- The Values.
- Care Deeply. We take time to be present and partner with our team and communities.
- Level Up. We navigate through ambiguity and go the extra mile.
- Be A Better Neighbour. We build a diverse and sustainable community and encourage all voices.
- Lead The Future Together. We value entrepreneurship and inspire by action.
- The diverse culture. We believe that we make better decisions when our workforce reflects the diversity of the communities in which we operate. Women make up more than half of our team and leadership, and we strive to recruit and retain employees from all over the world.
- The perks. TaskRabbit offers comprehensive medical benefits, generous vacation and holiday time off, commuter benefits, learning and development opportunities, career development trainings, monthly TaskRabbit product stipends, IKEA discounts, free lunch, weekly meditations, charity events, and a dog-friendly office.
TaskRabbit is a task management network that conveniently connects people with Taskers to handle everyday home to-do’s, such as furniture assembly, handyman work, moving help, and much more. Acquired by IKEA Group – the world’s largest furniture retailer – in 2017, TaskRabbit operates in the United States, the United Kingdom and Canada and is expanding its global reach rapidly.
As a pioneer of the sharing economy, TaskRabbit was founded in 2008 on the premise of neighbors helping neighbors. Since then, our network has grown to three countries, 45 cities and over 140,000 Taskers, yet our core mission has remained the same. We want to make everyday life easier for everyday people. And by doing that, we can make your neighborhood a little more familiar.
In 2017, TaskRabbit launched TaskRabbit for Good (TR4G), which connects neighbors to build sustainable and compassionate communities. TaskRabbit for Good was created to make it easier for neighbors to give back locally and make a positive impact in communities around the world. TaskRabbit donates a portion of its service fee from all TR4G initiatives to best-in-class local non-profit organizations tackling social and environmental challenges.
TaskRabbit’s headquarters is located in the heart of San Francisco, with three other offices in New York City, Austin, and London.
Equal Opportunity Employer
TaskRabbit is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, military/veteran status, or disability status. TaskRabbit is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities.
TaskRabbit will consider for employment all qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law.