As an Interaction Designer at DreamBox Learning, you will work with a team of Artists, Curriculum Designers (teachers), and Software Engineers to create engaging and interactive “virtual tools” that teach math to millions of students from Kindergarten to 8th grade. This process involves working with the team to gain a deep understanding of the lesson objectives and turning complex math concepts into beautiful, easy-to-use, and intuitive experiences that work for all ages.
What You’ll be doing:
- This is a product-focused role.
- Work on the architecture, design, and support of “virtual tools”. Support the asset creation of lesson assets when needed.
- Usability and Interaction Design: This is definitely a designer position, but with a particular skillset of usability, interactions and flow.
- Visual Communication: Strong skills in quickly mocking up ideas and clearly presenting complex information simply.
- Teamwork: Self-motivated and able to contribute effectively with teammates.
- You may be a ‘thinker’ but you are also a ‘doer.’ Work well under time and budget constraints
- Set clear expectations and always meet your deadlines.
- Preference given for candidates with experience creating online games and mobile interfaces and/or consumer or entertainment brand experience.
- Understanding of special considerations in designing for kids (button size, attention span, reading level, instructions, comprehension, etc.).
- To be considered, please have an online portfolio that demonstrates your experience.
- Experience working in a product-focused role.
- Proficient with design tools such as the Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, etc.).
- Experience with Animate/Flash, HTML5.
- Familiar with game-design principles, particularly with respect to user engagement.
- Proficient in early-process techniques such as wireframing and flowcharts.
- Proficient in creating highly interactive and engaging prototypes. This could be through coding (e.g. HTML/JS/CSS) or prototyping software such as Invision, Axure, etc.
- Strong ability to incorporate purposeful animations to support engagement and understanding of interactions