You would love to drive a product portfolio forward in a company that’s passionate about letting people express themselves through the things they wear, use and carry? Great, because we are currently opening in our Leipzig headquarter at Spreadshirt a position as…
(Senior) Product Owner – Finance (f/m/d) in Leipzig
Department: Product Management
Employment type: full- or part time
You will be responsible for the strategic vision and management of a product portfolio to handle and streamline complex financial processes, including payment and commission handling, fraud detection and taxation.
You will work closely with our Accounting, Tax, Payment & Fraud and Controlling teams to understand the current processes and requirements, and together with your product engineering team develop new solutions that meet the demands of a modern e-commerce business.
What You’ll Do
- Articulate the vision and set the roadmap for a product portfolio supporting financial processes.
- Explore new opportunities, detect your customer’s needs and define the product requirements by working closely with engineering, key stakeholders and other product teams.
- Develop your product according to the agile process and iteratively test and validate new ideas and functionality.
- Manage the product backlog with prioritization, trade-offs and constraints.
- Back up your opinions with data and well-structured arguments – we don’t like big business cases, but you must know the ‘why’ behind your decisions.
Learn more about working as a Product Owner at Spreadshirt in this interview
Who you are
- You have at least 2-3 years of product management experience using agile techniques.
- You have had success in taking a product from concept to live status, iterating collaboratively based on customer feedback and data insights.
- You know how to communicate with stakeholders, as well as working closely with a team of engineers.
- You are not afraid to make tough decisions.
- You have experience working with analytics tools.
- You have strong numerical, analytical and verbal skills; a quick thinker and a clear communicator.
- You are an excellent communicator at all levels, a natural evangelist who is passionate about product as a discipline and your vital role at Spreadshirt.
We value diversity at Spreadshirt. Your talent is in our focus no matter your age, colour, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, marital or disability status.
Would be great, but not necessary
- Understanding of accounting and controlling flows, such as payment handling, revenue recognition or taxation topics
- Understanding of large scale e-commerce platforms
- Understanding of technical architecture
What we offer
- High levels of responsibility and career development opportunities
- An open and colourful company culture with flexible working hours
- A creative and informal working atmosphere
- Great work with friendly colleagues in highly motivated teams and flat hierarchies
- Continuous training with workshops and conferences
- Bright and friendly offices, a huge kitchen area for mutual lunch breaks, terraced roofs and a lot more
- A feel-good factor thanks to free fruit baskets, water dispensers and coffee vendors as well as PlayStation, table tennis & table football, heaps of events and – of course – a whole lot of T-shirts
- Support in the visa process and relocation
Get more insights in working at Spreadshirt on Glassdoor