Do you want to join us on a journey to change the trillion dollar travel industry? We are looking for the best and brightest who share our passion for travelers, data, and product.
FindHotel believes travel is the one thing that really opens minds to new ideas, cultures, and ways of thinking. Our mission is to get every traveler in the world the best accommodation deal. From adventure travel and backpacking to honeymoons and family vacations, we deeply care so that every traveler can make the best-informed accommodation choice at the absolute best conditions for every trip.
We are looking for a Product Owner to lead the integration with our metasearch partners and improve our metasearch engine. We strive to build a world-class system which will allow us to expand our presence in the metasearch world. You will be operating with high scale system which communicates with our suppliers and effectively redistributes inventory over different marketing channels, maintaining high accuracy and low latency.
What you’ll be doing
- Build systems that will be able to “trade” on price comparison platforms. Together with a team of Data Analyst and developers, build and integrate state of the art logic and algorithms to maximize our reach and effectiveness with high scale price comparison platforms – like Tripadvisor and Google Hotel Ads (GHA).
- Together with the Squad Lead identify, research and develop strategies around this topic.
- Effectively utilize capabilities of our partners’ APIs to scale our presence and improve conversion in metasearch channels
- Build and optimize internal products to effectively distribute and market “best offers” across channels
- Maintain high accuracy across channels
- Manage the backlog for the services you own and ensuring delivery. You help to conceive the features, write the requirements, manage the build and implementation, and make sure it works as expected.
- Build a water-tight process for getting things done and delivering on our goals; if there’s something we should be doing then make it happen.
- Always be up to date on the latest technologies, our tech stack and changes in our industry. You want to be on the cutting edge.
- Work with the rest of the business and the leadership team to understand and define our strategic opportunities and set our priorities, and translate them to both the short-term (sprints) and long-term (vision); you define the product roadmap.
What a day in the office might look like
You start your day with a stand-up and help identify and remove any roadblocks your squad is facing. Before lunch, you sit with the analysts of your team and review the results of experiments and gather data that will help you validate your strategy and decisions. After a healthy lunch, you take this data into a backlog refinement session with part of the team, prioritizing tasks for the next sprint and discussing the feasibility of potential projects and ideas. Before heading home you grab a beer (or another tasty beverage) and start debating with your backend engineer about some possible weaknesses in our meta backend system, and how we can strengthen it.
You will be working daily leading a small team of amazing developers and work closely with analysts, the Squad Lead and our business developer. You will be supported by other POs around the company, and we’ll work together to make sure we’re all in sync and rowing in the same direction.
People we love
- Plenty of PO experience – this isn’t your first rodeo. You’re used to leading teams, defining direction, and delighting users. You have experience delivering 100% backend products at scale.
- Passionate about solving problems, and able to translate those solutions into requirements that your team can execute on
- Well organized, assertive, decisive and able to have conversations on a technical and business level
- Previous experience
- Passionate for technology
- Working experience with product development management tools like Jira
- Knowledgeable in Agile working methods e.g. Scrum/Kanban
- Stakeholder Management experience
- An excellent communicator, fluent in English (we’re 100% international – no Dutch required)
- A fast learner with a curious mind who is willing to experiment – we’re solving new problems all the time, you need to know how to make intuitive leaps and navigate your way to the right solutions
What we offer
- The opportunity to work in a diverse international team in a fast-growing start-up environment
- Loads of chances to learn and grow – you’ll be surrounded by some of the brightest minds in the city, part of a culture which values sharing knowledge every day, and given a budget to attend conferences and develop yourself
- An agile environment where communication and initiative are valued and cherished
- No nonsense! We’re proud of our flat hierarchy and short democratic decision paths
- A fun work environment that includes a delicious lunch, fruits & snacks, beer tap, ping pong, and foosball
- Competitive compensation package including bonuses and Stock Appreciation Rights
- Flexible time off vacation policy
- A spacious and light-filled office located in central Amsterdam