Why we’re hiring
The usual reason… we don’t have enough people! We’re looking for someone to work with the Principal Product Manager to lead our Projects and Contests team. This team is responsible for the core products on 99designs where designers and clients get work done. We’re solving multifaceted problems at the heart of our business.
The Projects and Contests team has a broad scope, which means you’ll have an impact on a large part of our core product. A new design is created every two seconds on 99designs. We’re building a global creative platform that makes it easier for designers and clients to work together to create designs they love.
As a Product Manager you’ll…
- Work closely with the Principal Product Manager to define the product vision and roadmap and proactively collaborate with key stakeholders
- Build strong relationships with all departments of the organisation and regularly talk with customers and designers to find new ways to better meet their needs
- Drive a clear vision for new projects, build consensus within the team and bring the right people together to execute
- Partner with UX and engineering to break big ideas into small, achievable parts with clear goals and measures for success
- Manage the backlog, reprioritising urgent problems or opportunities and maintaining focus in the face of distraction
- Communicate like crazy: project kick offs, running retros or sharing post-release metrics, you’ll keep a global team in the loop
- Be in two places at once, planning what’s coming next and available to answer questions on what’s happening now
- Always be looking at what’s worked, what hasn’t, what should be iterated on and how it can work better
You’ll fit like a glove if…
- On the one hand, you can rally a team behind a big picture vision. On the other, you have attention to detail that borders on obsessive.
- You are the master of tradeoffs. You balance design, technology and business like nobody’s business.
- You’re opinionated. You can name a product that makes you smile and three that make you want to curl up in a corner and cry.
- Your strong opinions are loosely held. You may be right often but don’t have to be.
- Your communication skills are legendary. You can read through “I want” to “I need”, say “no” a lot but do it in such a way that people can respect, and talk to outgoing support reps and introverted data nerds with equal success.
- You have great respect for engineering and design and you can work by their side to help them produce their best work
- You care about your customers and want to give them the best experience and you can balance that with priorities and technical requirements. You can motivate a team to build a best-in-class product and actually ship it.
- You’ve been doing this Product Management thing for 2-4 years in a digital agile environment
…and about us
99designs is the world’s global creative platform that makes it easier for customers and designers to work together to create designs they love. Our mission is to champion creativity to create opportunities for people around the world. Founded in 2008 and backed by Accel Partners (who have also invested in Facebook, Slack, and Dropbox) and Recruit Strategic Partners, 99designs has grown from a small, online forum into a worldwide community of talented designers that is now the go-to solution for businesses, agencies and individuals. Our product is translated into 7 languages and we’ve paid designers in 192 countries.
Working with us
We’re a global team with a philosophy of encouraging passionate people to be fun and creative. With offices in Richmond, Oakland, and Berlin we benefit from bringing together the experiences and viewpoints of a wide range of talented folk from around the world. We move quickly, and everyone can have a lot of impact.
We encourage a supportive, collaborative work environment where no ideas are silly and everyone’s voice is important. We believe we get the most out of our work when people understand and appreciate one another.
We love our employees and go to great lengths to make sure they know it! We offer a variety of employee perks including a creative working environment, a well-stocked kitchen for breakfast, lunch and snacks, continual training and learning, in-house mentoring, health and wellness programs like yoga, a running club and quiet spaces, office dogs, an industrial-strength coffee machine, an active social club, and top-of-the-line Mac gear.
Our Melbourne office is an architecturally designed warehouse space in Richmond, complete with art sourced from our incredible creative community, including this mural design for our boardroom.
Think 99designs could be your next home? We’d love to hear from you.