We are looking for an Enterprise Product Manager to join our close-knit and amazingly talented product team. The ideal candidate is skilled at synthesizing qualitative and quantitative inputs from multiple sources. They are a smart and deliberate decision maker, with a passion for creating superior products. They know how to negotiate a win-win scenario with key stakeholders despite common resource and timeline pressures. They can get things done and can drive the development of new product features from vision to successful launch.
About the gig:
- You will own the Product Roadmap for one of our products
- Continuously work with our customers and their institutions to understand the problems they are trying to solve
- Work with internal customers (sales, customer success, operations) and ensure their insights contribute to product decisions
- Create meaningful signals from our metrics and use them to inform our design decisions
- Collaborate with our design team to come up with wireframes and UI
- Work with the development team to write stories, plan, and manage sprint work
- Communicate new product releases to internal and external customers
- 5+ years experience as a product manager for a SaaS B2B product
- 1-2 years in a customer facing role
- Technical background so you can effectively communicate with engineers about product details and technical options
- Deep empathy towards customers
- An analytical, meticulous, detail-obsessed mindset, with a unending desire to continue learning
- You develop strong opinions about your products but can be easily switch course when data or qualitative research tell you otherwise
- Familiar with EdTech standards (i.e. LMS, SIS) & compliance requirements
- Belief in data-driven design and ability to work with various analytics platforms to help inform and validate design decisions
- Exceptional communication skills, with an ability to persuade and galvanize others behind the product and your vision
- Solid project management skills
- Experience working in an agile dev environment is a nice to have
- Experience working with JIRA, Amplitude, Looker, and Salesforce
About Top Hat:
Top Hat’s interactive, cloud-based teaching platform enables professors to engage students inside and outside the classroom with compelling content, tools and activities. Millions of students at 700 leading North American colleges and universities use the Top Hat teaching platform. Headquartered in Toronto, Top Hat has been operating profitably since its 2009 launch.
We have a vibrant culture of brilliant people who are innovators, thinkers, and creative geniuses. We believe in defying the status quo and we want smart people like you to join us.
The life of a Top Hatter also comes with other sweet perks too:
• Outstanding company culture, with a team that is super smart and motivated to be a part of a company that is changing the face of education.
• We offer breakfast and catered lunch every day!
• Conveniently located at Bloor and Avenue, near 3 TTC stations.
• We are one of the top education technology companies in North America (named Fastest 50 Growing Companies by Deloitte Consulting!)
• Our dress code is casual.
Top Hat welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.