Director of Product at 99designs, Melbourne
We’re looking for a Director/Head of Product and we hope it is you!
This is an outstanding opportunity to lead a team of talented product managers and own the product vision, strategy and roadmap for our global creative platform.
You’ll be supported by an entire organisation who is passionate about our platform and mission. You’ll report to our Chief Product Officer and work closely and collaboratively with the other functional heads across engineering, design, marketing, finance, operations, and customer support.
- Drive the development of our product strategy, aligning with the overarching business strategy and including identification and development of market opportunities.
- Be the linchpin between the executive team and the product management/development organization, surfacing the needs for the people in your product organization, and providing broader business context back to them.
- Be an authority on the competitive landscape and our differentiation, our user personas and our unique value propositions to them.
- Passionately champion our clients and designers, understand the world from where they sit and be certain the value we create is being well delivered and received.
- Lead product managers who drive six development teams and work closely with 30 engineers, product designers and designer community specialists, spread across Melbourne & Oakland.
- Continue to build and maintain an ambitious, collaborative, agile product organization.
- Establish structures and methods to allow continuous improvement and deliver world class product.
- Build and nurture collaborative relationships with the heads of engineering, design & marketing.
- Define and track product success metrics and help deliver our financial goals.
What we’re looking for
- You’ve been managing successful online products for 5-10 years, and product managers for at least 2 years.
- Your peers, colleagues and managers would happily identify you as a leader skilled at giving and getting feedback.
- You’re skilled at giving and getting feedback.
- You’re confident enough to hire people smarter than you and clever enough that you can still help them learn.
- You’ve helped to create a positive and diverse environment, motivating and getting the best out of your team, and helping them to grow and develop.
- You’ve had objective success with the products you’ve helped create and manage.
- You’re a critical thinker, analytical and a natural problem solver who can make order out of chaos and distill insights from raw data.
- You believe in accountability and driving the teams to their targets
It’s not mission critical but will help you succeed if you’ve got experience with:
- Two-sided global marketplaces
- Creative industries
- Fast-growing tech startups
- Working with a global and distributed team
99designs is the world’s global creative platform that makes it easier for customers and designers to work together to create designs they love. Our mission is to champion creativity to create opportunities for people around the world. Founded in 2008 and backed by Accel Partners (who have also invested in Facebook, Slack, and Dropbox) and Recruit Strategic Partners.
99designs has grown from a small, online forum into a worldwide community of talented designers that is now the go-to solution for businesses, agencies and individuals. Our product is translated into 7 languages and we’ve paid designers in 192 countries. Did we mention a design is uploaded every 2 seconds?
Working with us
We’re a global team with a philosophy of encouraging passionate people to be fun and creative. With offices in Melbourne, Oakland, and Berlin we benefit from bringing together the experiences and viewpoints of a wide range of talented folk from around the world.
We love our employees and go to great lengths to make sure they know it! We offer a variety of employee perks including a creative working environment, a well-stocked kitchen for breakfast, lunch and snacks, continual training and learning, in-house mentoring, health and wellness programs like yoga, a running club and quiet spaces, office dogs, an industrial-strength coffee machine, an active social club, and top-of-the-line Mac gear.
Beside your industry standard pay rate, you’ll receive an options package fitting this senior position. If you consider moving to Australia for this role, we’ll take care of your visa and support your relocation.
Our Melbourne office is an architecturally designed warehouse space in Richmond, complete with art sourced from our incredible creative community, including this mural design for our boardroom.
Think 99designs could be your next home? We’d love to hear from you!