About ExemptMeNow (EMN)
We are a mission-driven, fast growing tech-startup based in downtown New Orleans. We make nonprofit formation and compliance painless and simple through a consumer and enterprise one-time fee and subscription-based model. Our B2C product helps small to mid-sized startups (think charter schools, chambers, AAU teams, faith-based organizations etc.. ) file for incorporation and tax-exemption through our one-of-a-kind automated filing platform. We serve existing nonprofits through a subscription-based maintenance and compliance platform. Our enterprise model targets government entities such as cities and secretary of state offices, private foundations and corporations by offering custom dashboards, subscription services through bulk sales, and/or leverage partnerships that serve as a lead generator for our consumer product. Visit us at (www.exemptmenow.com).
Reporting to the Chief Technology Officer (CTO), the Founding Product Manager will play a critical role acting as the link between product, development and customer feedback. A critical role in continuously iterating and improving on both the B2C and enterprise platforms, focusing on the “what” and leading the development teams to focus on the “how”, contributing to the product strategy for multiple markets and in developing and guiding our roadmap.
Our ideal candidate is a self-starter who can hit the ground running and create processes from scratch, bring greater efficiency to our startup while keeping everything running smoothly through phases of growth and product development. In this role, you will partner with our Founder/CEO, CTO, and other team members, serving as a strategic thought partner in helping them tackle their highest priority strategic duties and deadlines.
On a day to day basis you will be gathering requirements, intel and a clear understanding of our varied customer base and their use of our product in their organization. You will work closely with our CTO and development teams to turn product concepts to reality, a varied role needing someone dynamic that can pivot effortlessly between talking to the market and key stakeholders to driving product execution within their delivery team. You will obsess over delivering great features and take full ownership from analysis all the way to ensuring market ready, never leaving customers and users out of the process.
- Work closely with the user feedback team to really understand user needs, their challenges and how it all fits within the overall product vision
- Oversee the execution of features from building the requirements to concept iteration, working closely with design and development to drive features
- You have a laser beam focus on ensuring a quality user experience and won’t take any chances on products going out the door without personally sanity checking them against your requirements
- You realize a big part of ensuring customer success is training and enablement and will do what it takes to give a great handover to the customer success and sales teams
Experience / Skills
- Experience in Product Management including defining requirements for feature releases, and producing wireframes and roadmaps
- Skilled in gathering detailed requirements from different users, product requirement docs, user stories, process maps
- Background as a business analyst, product analyst, project manager in an early stage fast paced software environment
- Experience/familiarity with nonprofits, foundations, government or corporate philanthropy a plus
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) from four-year college or university preferred
- Skills / Attributes:
- Unwavering commitment to executing quality services
- Action-oriented, entrepreneurial, flexible and innovative approach to operational management a must
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; a persuasive and passionate communicator
- Outstanding critical thinking and problem solving skills gives you the ability to simplify complex concepts into simple solutions
- Passion, humility, integrity, positive attitude, mission-driven and self-directed
Compensation: Commensurate with experience, with potential for equity stake in a fast-growing company.
Location: New Orleans, LA with some occasional travel required.