ABOUT THE TEAM
Department: Logistics Technology
Reports to: Senior Product Owner, Warehouse Management Systems
Team Size: <10
Recruiter Name, Email: Amanda Lamont, firstname.lastname@example.org
As a Product Lead – Warehouse Management Systems in Berlin, you will own the Technology enabled improvement of our warehouse management processes as a whole. Leading a high-performing team of several product specialists, you will build, scale and redefine the delivery experience of our 23 million customers, partners and operations of more than 7800 colleagues in our logistics centers through driving innovation and managing complexity. Our aim is to delight our customers and make their Zalando experience as exciting as possible.
WHERE YOUR EXPERTISE IS NEEDED
- Build scalable, flexible systems based on the newest tech, user requirements and needs of the business. Manage KPI related to performance, error rates and error handling.
- Delight our warehouse employees with highly user friendly systems simplifying their day-to-day work. Develop and execute mid- & long-term technical transition of the monolith to microservices architecture of our warehouse management system, closely collaborating with engineering teams to be in line with our overall tech strategy
- Own the abstract version of the warehouse management system while acting as a strong counterpart to remote senior leadership at all warehouses
- Quickly make business decisions based on business value, risks, and effort. You don’t shy away from tough disputes, while bringing together all required facts and everyone needed to move forward quickly
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- Significant experience in developing products, you have led and worked in cross-functional teams in a global e-commerce or logistics company in tech
- Strong understanding of core priorities, KPI’s and underlying system architecture
- Effective communication skills in English, ability to understand and translate business and user requirements across teams and senior leadership
- Academic degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Technology or related fields
PERKS AT WORK
- Culture of trust, empowerment and constructive feedback, open source commitment, meetups, leadership academy, 70+ internal technical and guilds, tech talks, blogs, product demos, parties & events
- Competitive package (base and equity), 40% Zalando shopping discount, discounts from external partners, centrally located offices, public transport discounts, municipality services, great IT equipment, flexible working times, additional holidays and volunteering time off, free beverages and fruits, diverse sports and health offerings
- Relocation assistance for internationals, PME family service and parent & child rooms* (*available in select locations)
We celebrate diversity and are committed to building teams that represent a variety of backgrounds, perspectives and skills. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.
Zalando is Europe’s leading online platform for fashion, connecting customers, brands and partners across 17 markets. We drive digital solutions for fashion, logistics, advertising and research, bringing head-to-toe fashion to more than 23 million active customers through diverse skill-sets, interests and languages our teams choose to use.
A key to the success of Europe’s busiest fashion logistics network is continuously advancing our technology and processes. By pushing ourselves to think smarter and adapt faster, our teams are setting new levels of excellence for the industry while meeting the complex needs of our customers, helping people connect to fashion in ways that were never previously possible.