Product Lead Engagement Components – Barcelona
About Schibsted Marketplaces
Our mission is to create perfect matches on the world’s most trusted marketplaces.
Schibsted Marketplaces empower the world’s economy and promote sustainability by enabling anyone to sell and everyone to buy, connecting people to new opportunities and great deals every day. Our goal is to provide fantastic value to all of our 30 million daily users across 22 countries, with effective and safe online classified ads.
Our 3000+ employees focus daily on solving real problems for our users. With outstanding generalist marketplaces across Europe (leboncoin.fr, infojobs.es to mention a few), exciting growth marketplaces in Latin America and Eastern Europe, and technology hubs in Barcelona and Paris our teams balance local insight with global scale to develop innovative products and features on the foremost edge of digital.
Located within Marketplaces, the mission of this team is to provide best-in-class components which seamlessly integrate into the local marketplace sites. Comprised of two teams (Content and Engagement) you will guide the Engagement Components which is home to four great products; real-time messaging, notifications, user profiles and reviews, and an experimentation platform which come together to collectively help our millions of customers trade successfully online every day.
To be successful in this role, you will be passionate, well-versed, data-driven, business-oriented and tech-savvy with strong leadership and product management skills. You will influence a team of passionate product professionals, based in Barcelona, who have deep expertise across key phases of the user journey. In close collaboration with local marketplace teams, they identify new opportunities and customer pain points by conducting qualitative and quantitative research then rapidly experimenting to test potential solutions. Our Product Managers work within cross-functional teams consisting of product, UX, engineering and data experts and their goal is to regularly launch new features which make a significant positive impact on customer success in our marketplaces. You will be responsible for overseeing this work and creating strong synergies between the components.
The role is extremely important in ensuring the success of these components in both the local marketplaces and the wider Schibsted group. You will be expected to contribute strongly both locally and globally with your expertise and leadership abilities. This position reports into the VP Product for Marketplace Components who is also based in Barcelona.
The Role Purpose
- Lead the product portfolio of a high performance product team, overseeing hiring, retaining talented team members, and succession planning.
- Create and communicate a bold strategic product portfolio direction that inspires and aligns with the broader Marketplaces strategy.
- Design an organisation to support the product portfolio strategy, ensuring flexibility to support new initiatives and additional teams.
- Partner with your Tech counterpart to lead the Marketplace Components management team, incorporating input from functional UX and Insights leaders in decisions.
- Actively manage the portfolio of components, ensuring each has a high quality roadmap driving measurable impact across multiple Marketplaces.
- Be a cultural leader, setting the tone for the Marketplace Components by communicating the vision and principles broadly and deeply both inside and outside the organisation.
- Create deep relationships with local Marketplace and global product leaders to facilitate mutual success.
- Ensure that Marketplace Components are prepared for GDPR/ePrivacy and that all teams know how to effectively operate.
Key Capabilities/Characteristics for the role
- You are an experienced product leader with track record of managing product portfolios and are genuinely interested in creating products that solve customer problems
- You are an experienced people manager passionate about helping your team members succeed in their roles and grow as product managers
- You naturally create a culture of mutual trust and cooperation and are able to inspire and drive teams to success without direct authority
- You have experience in pioneering diverse teams and leaders across multiple regions.
- You have a proven track record of delivering product experiences, both consumer-facing and B2B and have experience with building product platforms
- You are pragmatic, impact-oriented, and decisive.
- You have an exceptional ability to communicate effectively, in both large and small settings.
- You are strong on stakeholder management, including presenting to all levels of an organisation
- You challenge yourself and those around you to think critically and analytically to ensure decisions are well founded.
- You instill a deep passion for your product teams for solving priority and often complex customer problems through rapid experimentation
- You bring energy and humour to the team, helping us to have fun!
We can offer you
- The opportunity to play a critical part in defining the marketplace products of tomorrow
- Working together with a diverse and highly qualified team at Schibsted Marketplaces
- A team culture where we encourage ourselves and others to try, learn and succeed