We’re looking for a Project Manager to help SuperHi with the successful planning, design, execution, monitoring and closure of features and new products we’re creating.
Who are SuperHi?
We make online courses and tools that make learning new skills easier. SuperHi’s mission is to give creative and curious people the tools and techniques to bring ideas and work to life online.
We think that education should be accessible to all, whatever your financial situation; that we won’t know how good technology can be until everyone has equal chance to participate; that diverse backgrounds and experiences working in the creative industries is crucial; that complementing whatever you’re good at with new skills is a clear advantage; and that learning should be practical, fun as well as stress-free for the best chance to make it stick.
We think that we should all work harder to ensure skillsets are distributed representatively in the creative and tech industries. We’re proud and humbled that our current students are 51% female, 1% non-binary and 48% male from a wide range of backgrounds and nearly eighty countries. They make amazing sites and we also get better learning outcomes because we’re online-first.
We’re a proudly remote team with people located in New York, London, Toronto and Dundee.
We’re looking for someone to help us make beautiful products for our community to a high quality.
As our project manager you’ll work closely with our team to define, build and grow our proposition for people in the creative and tech industries looking to learn new skills. You’ll have understanding and experience of effective product and project management tools and techniques and how to best implement them in real world scenarios. You’ll be a creative thinker and problem solver that takes ownership who is comfortable operating in an evolving environment.
This role is a remote position as SuperHi want to hire the best people in the world, rather than in just one city.
- Maintaining a cross-functional product roadmap
- Managing sprints + prioritization of upcoming tasks
- Communicating + delivering to timelines effectively
- Document ideas from the community and team into the backlog & icebox
- Track results, provide insights and make recommendations
- Coach the team and individuals to improve their effectiveness over time
- Being open to supporting other areas, such as customer support and community management (we’re a small team so often help outside our core specialisms)
Who you’ll work with
- Adam Oskwarek, COO — You’ll be reporting to Adam who runs the operational side of SuperHi and you’ll work closely with him on the implementation of your responsibilities
- Rik Lomas, CEO — You’ll also work closely with Rik, the founder and CEO, to work out best plans for upcoming products and features that we launch
- 3+ years experience in a product and/or project manager role – this is not an entry level position
- Excited to support a global community to learn new skills together, online
- Self-motivated & self-managing with exceptional time management skills
- Human, supportive people manager that understands how to provide feedback
- Excellent analytical skills, detail orientated and prioritization focussed
- Experience setting up/managing processes in an evolving environment
- Coaching-based approach to team accountability and process management
- Understanding of common PM methodologies and frameworks
- Comfortable prioritizing/scheduling outputs to optimize delivery in a small team
- Strong stakeholder management skills
- Experience working remotely in a cross functional team
- Exposure to a combination of startup and larger environments
- An understanding of front-end code, UX, design and digital marketing
- We’re looking for someone within timezones UTC-7 and UTC+2 so your working hours overlap with our current team members
- As a remote team, we adhere to a similar style salary system to how Buffer calculate salaries
- We offer health, dental and vision insurance for US employees
- We offer a stipend to get a workspace local to you if you prefer not to work at home
- Paid sick and vacation days
- Company provided equipment (laptop, screens, standing desks, etc.)
We are an equal opportunities employer and we welcome anyone of any gender, race, sexuality, ability, background, age, etc. to apply. Diversity and inclusion is very important to SuperHi – our students come from all walks of life and our team should reflect that too.