Skimlinks is one of the best-known startups in the UK, described by Techcrunch as one of London’s leading startups, voted in the top 10 of the Guardian Tech Media Invest and ranked #17 on the Sunday Times’ 2014 Hiscox Tech Track 100!
We add the sparkle to B2B. We are a vibrant, passionate company that derives pleasure in knowing that we enable publishers to earn an income from what they do, and that we achieve this in innovative user-friendly ways. We offer a suite of automated and editorially-led tools to seamlessly monetize the commerce-related content of a wide-range of publishers across the world with a team of people who relish the chance to be part of building a company and making a difference. Our next challenge is to fully leverage our access to huge amounts of highly valuable consumer purchase data to develop unique, industry defining merchant products.
After 6 years of growth, we are proud of what we have achieved: we’ve grown quickly since we started and we’re a significant player internationally in the ad tech and e-commerce market. We process over 300 million clicks a month across 1.5 million active websites. Last year over $500 million of e-commerce transactions went through our platform, and we are set to more than double that this year.
About the role
We have a fantastic opening for a tech-savvy Product Manager to lead the development of our Product Intelligence (PI) product portfolio. This foundational technology is an enterprise-grade platform that understands content and commerce, giving us a deep understanding of the kinds of products and brands that are referenced on the web.
Product Managers at Skimlinks are responsible for their part of the product portfolio, and for guiding those products from inception to launch and beyond – concept, launch, optimisation etc. They are also leaders in the organisation, able to motivate teams to rally around exciting product visions.
As a Product Manager for Product Intelligence API your key responsibilities include:
• Gaining a deep understanding of the company vision and strategy, and how PI fits into it. Articulate that often, and use it to guide and inspire the roadmap.
• Working closely with our Data Science and Engineering teams to define hypotheses, algorithms, data models, use-cases and the roadmap for the Product Intelligence platform.
• Driving product development in an agile environment to build and launch new products and features
• Being obsessive and passionate about creating the ultimate product intelligence platform that understands the metadata, taxonomy and synonomy of e-commerce products around the web.
• Validate market fit, pricing and commercial strategies for extensions or new features
• Effectively prioritize the competing demands for product features and improvements.
• Understanding the metrics of success, and ensure they are accurately measured and reportable, and use this data to inform decision-making.
Here at Skimlinks we love dedication, enthusiasm, and innovation. We’re shaking up the online monetization industry, and welcome candidates who want to be a part of this ambitious journey. But it’s not just hard work: we also appreciate a bit of quirkiness and fun along the way.
We are looking for someone with the following experience / skills:
• You should have the ability to understand a complex technology stack, data science algorithms and approaches, machine learning, and API functions.
• You have extensive experience working closely with engineers and data scientists to deliver exceptional data-based products, ideally in an agile environment.
• You have demonstrated experience building and launching commercial products, ideally commercial APIs or products that have demonstrated growth in scale or revenue.
• You have experience successfully commercialising an aspect of complex technology, including building revenue models, go-to-market strategies, and launch materials.
• You have strong spoken and written communication skills, and the confidence and energy to inspire and motivate both a development team and the whole company
• You have direct experience working with one or more of: machine learning algorithms, statistical analysis, A/B testing and huge data sets.
• You have a burning desire to work in a startup that is making waves in the content monetization space
Preferably we would also love if you also bring some or all of:
• Educational background in Computer Science/Engineering and industry experience as a developer
• Experience with/familiarity of the online publishing/editorial industry, especially around their use of external APIs
• Experience with/familiarity of the online shopping/ecommerce industry, especially around product metadata
• Ideally you will have experience working with Agile tools like Jira.
Why work for Skimlinks?
• Described by Techcrunch as one of London’s leading startups, and voted in the top 10 of the Guardian Tech Media Invest.
• Brand new offices in the heart of Tech City. Openplan heaven!
• Our annual festive season get-away/ mystery tour (recent trips include Rotterdam and Ljubljana). Our summer party. Our monthly birthday extravaganzas… Any excuse for a party really!
• Skimbledon, our annual ping-pong tournament (we have a sound-proofed table tennis room in the office to minimize the disruption!). There are also weekly poker showdowns, regular local football league games, pub quiz teams… We are a pretty competitive crew!
• There are daily battles amongst team members to wrestle control of the music selection on Spotify. The office piano is also available if you are musically inclined.
• Monthly free massages and a regular nail service in-office (Manlycures for the guys are on offer!)
• We host meet-ups, brown bag lunches, product demos and have dedicated training time set aside for each and every team member (Skimovation time).
• There is also the office beer fridge, catered lunches and regular office trips to the local pubs to wind down after a busy week.