Job title: Product Manager
Location: London, Euston
Salary: £45,999 – £54,000
BMJ Careers is the place hospitals come to fill their medical vacancies. With the ability to reach doctors through our jobs board and other channels we are proud of our premium position and long heritage. We are now seeking a commercially-oriented, data-driven Product Manager to play a leading role as we build an even more successful future.
The transformation we are seeking to deliver involves converting historically transactional customers to a new subscription proposition. To lead this transformation we need a customer-focused Product Manager to coordinate and facilitate multiple work-streams as we take the new proposition to market and beyond. Working with sales managers, account managers and marketeers the post-holder will ensure that our proposition gains traction in the market and that we remain agile in response to market feedback. Improving the way we use data to drive performance and business decisions is a key priority. The role, which enjoys considerable autonomy, is tailor-made for an ambitious self-starter. It requires strong project management skills, the ability to harness data to support strategic and tactical commercial decisions, flexibility, and a willingness to get stuck in. A passion for customers and a talent for mining insights is essential.
- Be expert on all aspects of the subscription offer including its content, features, value proposition, performance, business model, strategy
- Be the single authority for decisions on the subscription proposition (after appropriate consultation with stakeholders)
- Develop dashboard of KPIs and ensure the right data is available to drive performance and business decisions
- Understand customer and user problems by interviewing customers and potential customers. Validate urgent problems to show their pervasiveness in the market
- Help develop, implement and co-ordinate strategies to improve candidate acquisition
- Develop and own the user and buyer personas and buying process
- Support sales team as required including representing product at customer meetings
- Identify, explore and develop commercial opportunities
- Benchmark against competitors
- Ensure internal and external stakeholders are consulted/informed as appropriate regarding product performance, development and strategy
- Work with the Digital Development Manager on the development roadmap and product backlog
- Project manage work streams within the Careers Transformation strategy
- Prioritise technical development to achieve goals within agreed budgets
- Work closely with the developers before and during sprints
- Educated to degree standard or equivalent. Excellent literacy and numerical skills required.
- Includes users in product & services development.
- Uses external collaboration platforms to build professional networks and to learn from others.
- Understands the changing digital landscape and the actions required to deal with it.
- Identifies opportunities for digital innovation and works with others to deliver this.
- Uses data to problem solve. Advanced data skills would be an advantage
- Understands application of data analytic tools.
- Undertakes business intelligence analysis from digital data sources.
- Background in product management or digital marketing, in an online publishing or recruitment environment
- Experience of digital product development in an Agile, Sprint-based environment as product owner.
- Knowledge of web and mobile technologies, SEO, analytics, content management systems and online production processes.
- Excellent liaison, negotiation, stakeholder and project management skills.
- Understanding of the importance of online user interfaces, user experience and user journeys and how to optimise them
- Demonstrable commercial awareness and aptitude
- Pragmatic Marketing certification would be an advantage
BMJ takes pride in its people and is committed to being an inclusive employer. As a values driven organisation, we support individuality and welcome applications from a diverse range of candidates. We are open to discussing flexible working options.