We’re looking for the right individual to bring creative ideas and energy to improve technology in San Francisco’s public health system. You’ll get to shape one of the first Product Management teams in a public sector organization!
As the Coverage Programs Product Manager, you’ll be responsible for the technology products that support Healthy Kids HMO, a public health insurance program for children, as well as Healthy San Francisco, a health access program which aims to provide universal health care to the city. The experienced Product Manager will help us improve access to healthcare and health coverage in San Francisco. You’ll oversee the development of our internal administrative applications and data interchanges, assist in managing technical vendors, and help us determine how to better use technology to support program staff and participants.
What you will do
- Maintain product backlog of enhancements, new features, and bug fixes
- Write detailed user stories and requirements, including wireframes or visual aids as needed
- Work with Healthy Kids and Healthy San Francisco staff to understand program priorities and create product vision and roadmap
- Participate in user research with internal staff and program participants to understand user needs and opportunities
- Lead development teams through Agile release processes
- Create and measure success metrics for product initiatives
- Communicate product initiatives and releases to internal stakeholders across multiple departments
- Conduct user acceptance testing and sign off on releases
- Contribute to vendor management by communicating required changes or bugs with vendor teams
- Conduct market research and make build or buy recommendations for new products