Product Manager – Satellite Services
Kepler is changing the face of satellite communications by launching a constellation of telecommunication nanosatellites! With the recent success of our Series A funding, a handful of early customers, and our first satellite in orbit, Kepler is currently doubling in size!
Kepler is looking for a talented Product Manager to join the team.
Working in a fast-paced startup environment, our new Product Manager will be tasked with balancing being an advocate for our customers and delivering products that will facilitate Kepler’s exponential growth. Activities will include product and service development, competitive benchmarking and analysis, product lifecycle management and ongoing business analysis.
The Product Manager will rally resources across diverse groups within Kepler to define the product vision, and then utilize their advanced project management skills to successfully execute on that vision.
This position will be primarily responsible for:
- Play a key role in defining the long-term vision and strategy for the broadband and narrowband aspects of Kepler’s satellite offering
- Deciding what features do and don’t go into our products, based on an understanding of what our customers need.
- Lead cross functional teams to implement new platforms to support the product suite
- Summarizing conclusions and recommendations in concise and compelling documents for presentation to the team
- Pursuing every opportunity to solve problems for our customers when product issues occur.
- End-to-end portfolio management to drive product roadmaps, engagement, user and revenue growth to meet financial targets
- Providing input into business cases to identify the business reasons for pursuing product initiatives.
- Leverage competitive intelligence, research, global trends and best practices to develop new product offerings
- Monitoring the competitive landscape and updating the organization when market changes occur.
Desired Skills & Experience
- 3+ years of product management or product development experience
- Undergraduate degree in electrical engineering or similar field, or Graduate degree in business or engineering
- Passion and aptitude for emerging technologies; telecommunications or satellite industry knowledge an asset
- Ability to sell ideas/concepts to various levels of the organization through logical and persuasive arguments
- Experience working with both technical and business teams
- Excellent problem-solving skills and track record of strong analytical capabilities.
- Strong interpersonal, presentation and communication (written/verbal) skills
- Demonstrated ability to learn and understand new technologies
- Strong mindset for end to end customer experience
- Superior attention to detail and execution skills, with an ability to take initiative and get the job done