MakeSpace is the technology solution for physical storage. We are changing the way people think about their belongings and saving them from ever having to visit a storage unit again. We are taking on the $38B storage industry with a combined product and engineering team of 16 people and we are just getting started.
What you’ll be doing:
Associate Product Managers work closely with product managers, engineers, designers, and partners throughout the organization to drive development through the entire product lifecycle across all platforms (desktop, mobile) – from ideation, requirements gathering, design, development, and testing all the way through launch.
Examples of things you might do:
- Dive deep into product and data analytics, researching user behavior while making suggestions for product improvements.
- Define and own parts of the product roadmap.
- Work in a cross-functional capacity across MakeSpace, developing and executing ideas across the product-development lifecycle.
- Creating test plans for features/launches and implementing them with team.
- Triaging bugs and feature requests.
What we’re looking for:
- You’re highly organized, an excellent communicator, and attentive to all sorts of details. Design inconsistency makes you cringe and checklists are your friend.
- You are comfortable (and enjoy!) doing quantitative research and analysis to clarify and align your decisions, either using tools like Google Analytics or writing your own SQL queries.
- You enjoy seeking out the answer before asking for help.
- You might have existing experience in a product role, helping to define either consumer or B2B product experiences.
- You likely have a STEM or business degree.
- You are comfortable with ambiguity within a fast-paced startup environment.
- You possess a product mentality – able to define goals, consider trade-offs, and prioritize accordingly.
- You are ideally familiar with at least a handful of the following things and eager to learn any that are new to you.
- Analytics and/or business intelligence tools such as Looker, SQL, or Google Analytics.
- Google Spreadsheets and/or Excel.
- Project management tools like Clubhouse, Asana, Jira, Notion, etc.
About the Associate Product Management role:
The Associate Product Manager role is designed to let you make meaningful contributions to the product team from day one, while giving you the opportunity to work with more senior members of product team to learn the various skills that will set you up for success in product management.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value a diversity of perspectives and backgrounds at our company. We are dedicated to a policy of nondiscrimination in employment on any basis including race, color, age, sex, religion, disability, or national origin.