Product Manager – Qantas Hotels
- Exciting opportunity to join the growing Qantas Hotel team
- Challenge yourself as a Product Manager working across our hotels platform
- Permanent role based in Melbourne
At Qantas, we represent Australia to the world. Our diverse country is known for its unique spirit, mateship, and a can-do attitude. Together we’re strong and resilient, and we work hard to make sure we’re always at our best. When it comes to innovation, we move fast. We never stop researching ways to apply new digital technology that’s right for the business. We’re proud to say we’re part of an innovative culture, but one that’s thoughtfully considered
As a Product Manager with Qantas Hotels, you’ll lead features that help hundreds of thousands of customers each year find and book the best accommodation for their needs. If you’ve ever booked accommodation online before you’ll know the market is saturated with choice – help us make Qantas Hotels the only place you need to go when planning and booking your next trip.
Key areas of responsibility will include all aspects of product development from idea inception through to delivery, while adopting a lean model to launch fast, and iterate often. You’ll also ensure key success metrics are understood (and measured) prior to, during and after each iteration. Additionally, you’ll be part of the business leadership team and collaborate with team members to define the short and long-term product roadmaps and align expectations across the organisation.
The product team helps define the product vision and strategy and builds consensus among our technology, design, marketing and commercial teams. You will facilitate the prioritisation of initiatives that achieve business goals and maximising return on investment and be responsible for the continuous improvement of the Qantas Hotels product management process.
- Manage the design/build/test/release process end-to-end
- Help define product vision and strategy, and build consensus among our technology, design, marketing and commercial teams
- Be part of, and collaborate with, the business leadership team to define the short and long-term product roadmap and align expectations with all stakeholders
- Launch fast and iterate often with a team of the best Melbourne developers
- Identify, analyse and prioritize new site features that will make Qantas Hotels the number 1 hotel booking engine in Australia
- Appreciate the value in delivering an MVP, measuring, learning and iterating
- Understand and analyse user needs through user studies, market research, and data analysis
- Bring fresh product development ideas to the team and actively seek to enhance the Qantas Hotels product management process
- Facilitate prioritisation of initiatives that achieve business goals and maximising return on investment
- Ensure the delivered initiatives are measurable, and that hard questions about usage can be answered
- Not be afraid of trying new things and getting it wrong!
Nice to haves:
- Previous experience within travel industry
- Knowledge of hotel and flight technology systems (such as channel managers, reservations systems Online Travel Agents, hotel operating systems).
When you work with us, who you know can be as valuable as what you know. Opportunities present themselves right across our business, so strong networking and relationship building can take you a long way.
Our perks include access to great travel industry discounts, working from home opportunities and ability to purchase extra leave.
Qantas is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion. If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at time of application. We are committed to creating an inclusive workplace. Talk to us about how this job could be flexible for you. Qantas embraces diversity and encourages applications from people with disability. Candidates will have the opportunity to request support or reasonable adjustments during the recruitment process in order to demonstrate their ability to meet the inherent requirements of our roles.
We’re committed to helping you build your career. With the support of your manager, let’s start a conversation about making your next move.