PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Sr. Product Manager, Voice
San Francisco, CA (SOMA)
Sony PlayStation is looking for a Senior Product Manager, Voice who will continue and innovate on the creation of the next wave of voice experiences: building features that enable customers to interact with PlayStation using natural language across all of our properties. You will work as part of a team with stakeholders in product, design, research, and engineering to build the voice experiences for customers around the world.
The ideal candidate is a Product Management professional with a track record of bringing innovative products to market and the technical background necessary to work closely with our engineering teams. This professional must be passionate about voice technology, user experience and consumer services. You will have developed impeccable product management skills. You anchor your decisions in strategy and defend them with data, and you thrive in an active and highly competitive environment. This is a high impact role that leverages strong technical and business skills to deliver innovative features for our customers and partners across the entire PlayStation platform.
- Innovate and champion new product roadmap that deliver market differentiation and delightful user experience.
- Execute product strategy within a high-velocity Agile environment that delivers incremental value quickly and iterates based on user feedback.
- Interface and proactively manage requirements from stakeholder groups inside and outside of the company to prioritize capabilities and deliver a great products across our customer segments and partner’s businesses.
- Build relationships and work closely with engineering and design to create the best products and experiences.
- Work closely with regional sales and marketing teams to facilitate the Product team’s domain expertise and to support the go-to-market planning, positioning, messaging, and content.
Required Qualifications, Skills, & Experience:
- At least 2-3 years of experience in voice & speech processing
- 8 years Product Management experience in an innovative software and/or services product company
- Recent experience with cloud based apps running at scale for live customers is key
- Prior experience with platforms like AWS and Google Cloud is a definite plus.
- Ability to build and defend business cases.
- Experience with Agile software development is a must.
- BA/BS in a related field recommended.
- Knowledge of modern software engineering processes and principles
- Strong communication skills (oral and written), especially in terms of dealing with different groups of interest (end user vs. engineering)
- Extremely good at dealing with ambiguity and wearing many hats at one time
- Create and take responsibility for the product roadmap
- Write user stories to succinctly and clearly express development objectives
- Frequent communication with the engineering department and all other stakeholders, before and after the release
- Analyze product performance through product data analytics, customer interviews and user tracking to inform stakeholders throughout the organization
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.