Hello, we’re Treatwell.
Here at Treatwell, we are changing the way people book their hair and beauty services. Today we are the biggest beauty bookings platform in Europe working with over 30,000 salons, processing over 1 million orders per month and operating across 11 countries. Our success to date is down to 500 passionate and brilliantly-talented people working together to harness the power of beauty, and the beauty of technology.
However, we are not even close to being done. Today, less than 5% of hair and beauty is booked online — that’s tiny. We believe that booking online is inevitable and our mission is to give every customer their perfect hair and beauty experience, and to revolutionise an industry.
Here in the Treatwell Product Design Team we are designing delightful user experiences that make people glow and help Treatwell grow as a business. Each designer is part of a Scrum team, focusing on designing for one our products. Our design process combines research, prototyping, user testing, shipping, and following up with insights and A/B testing. We prototype in Axure, design in Sketch, share on Zeplin and stay flexible and nimble. Our design is built on a system that adapts to each platform, whether it’s web, iOS or Android Material design.
We’re looking for a talented and ambitious Product Designer to join our Product team on an initial 3 month contract. In this role you will define and drive the future of design across our web products, helping to make Treatwell marketplace the best destination for our customers to discover, book and manage all of their hair and beauty experiences. The scope and potential of our web product is pretty exciting and we’re looking for someone who wants to make a genuine impact on the next phase of an exciting digital product, helping to both drive & execute our vision.
Your responsibility will be to collaborate with our Marketplace website and app product managers to propose solutions to solve consumer problems. Working from inception, to wire framing and validating solutions before designing the chosen solutions.
Audit the existing design system and usage across all our consumer products and consolidate into a scalable design system.
Help evolve our UX processes to drive efficiencies and increase the amount of user research undertaken
- You have designed multiple e-commerce sites and digital products. You should have an excellent understanding of responsive design, and in particular have a strong background in mobile first web design.
- You have a strong understanding of UX and UI design, and are driven by the need to provide our customers with a brilliant UX across all devices.
- You see what you’re building as a journey, rather than simply bolting on a new idea or filling up whitespace.
- You’re skilled at taking a completely new feature, idea or solution from inception all the way to a final product, with the ability to validate ideas quickly as you move through the process.
- You’re proactive in problem solving, identifying and championing new concepts or improvements
- You’re comfortable justifying and advocating design choices to a wide group of stakeholders.
- You have a passion for defining and using scalable design systems.
- You are intrigued by users and their psychology, determined to understand how our products will actually be used in their hands.
- You have an understanding of how software is built and able to communicate your ideas and the user journey with your scrum team of software engineers and QAs.
- You understand the importance of, and relationships between, quality, productivity and value in software development.
- You’ll also have an interest in other design elements such as typography, illustrations or icon design.
Skills & qualifications
- Experience designing products, designed multiple products that shipped to customers
- Strong UX skills and knowledge
- Good understanding of information hierarchy and typography
- Illustration, icon design skills are advantageous
- A portfolio of work showing both understanding of visual aesthetics and user experience decisions
- Experience with prototyping tools such an invision
- Experience with Sketch and Zeplin is an advantage
- Experience in validating solutions with users and A/B testing is an advantage.
We welcome applicants from all backgrounds and are committed to making reasonable adjustments to the recruitment process as required, please add any adjustment requests to your application.