Are you interested in working for a leading-edge technology organization that prides itself on working collaboratively in a casual work environment? An agile environment where innovation is embraced, and personal growth is supported? If so, consider joining the Choice Hotel International Technology and Digital Commerce team located in Phoenix, Arizona.
Choice Hotels, named one of the top 500 Midsize Employers by Forbes, is proud to be a leader in the hospitality industry franchising over 6,800 hotels worldwide with 12 unique brands.
UX & Design at Choice –
As a UX Designer at Choice you will work with a team of designers, researchers, data analysts, developers, and project owners to take your concepts from the idea and discovery phase through to delivery. You truly have the opportunity to see your work come to life on choicehotels.com.
Discovery & Research–
At Choice we understand that discovery is a critical part of the UX process. As a designer at Choice you will have access to actual users and user data to help inform your design decisions.
We also have a state-of-the-art user testing lab on-site.
With each project you will be responsible to concept, design, prototype, and implement new features and functionality used on both ChoiceHotels.com and our mobile apps. You will work with a dedicated onsite agile project team including product owners, developers, and key stakeholders to ensure success and proper translation of your design.
What You’ll Do – the fun stuff
- lead and assist with discovery sessions working directly with our research team and Choice users
- interpret user data and customer feedback
- author competitive benchmarking and heuristic analyses to outline improvements focused on increasing site usability/performance
- define target audience profiles in collaboration with the Business Intelligence team
- craft User Journeys, applying specified user research and target audience needs to craft the overall Interaction Design
- guide interface and interaction design
- create sketches and wireframes that detail feature updates or iterations to help translate your vision
- design detailed comps based on the Choice design system
- annotate and translate key functionality to project teams and development
- provide & present consultancy-level advice and design to stakeholders on user experience, usability, visual design, research and information architecture
- identify additional opportunities to improve the layout and flow of the ChoiceHotels.com and mobile apps
What we are looking for
- solid understanding and demonstration of user-centered design principles and methodologies required
- 3-6 years of UX Design experience working on apps and responsive websites
- bachelor’s degree in graphic design or relevant field, or equivalent experience
- adept knowledge and skill in design tools such Sketch, Adobe CS, etc.
- comfortable providing and receiving objective feedback, and eager to problem solve collaboratively
- ability to manage multiple projects, prioritize tasks and raise questions when ambiguity arises
- willing to share knowledge and coach less experienced designers and project team members
- basic understanding of the intricacies of front-end development
- comfortable working directly with developers and engineers
- ability to work both independently and collaboratively
- ability to thrive in the big-picture and fine-detail worlds and adapt to/ facilitate change
- ability to think innovatively and anticipate customer needs based on a changing consumer landscape
- passionate user advocate that evangelizes user centric design
- strong presentation skills
What you’ll share with us
- portfolio – your strongest work samples demonstrating your UX & Design process
- prototypes, wireframes, and key interactions that show your problem-solving skills
- visual design examples for both web and mobile
- basic HTML, CSS, Java knowledge
- understanding of React framework
- hospitality or product related experience